babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Side Tubes not available on Dynamic - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Side Tubes not available on Dynamic (/Thread-Side-Tubes-not-available-on-Dynamic)

Pages: 1 2

Side Tubes not available on Dynamic - Token - 05-09-2011 10:47pm

Read on another forum that side tubes are not available on the Dynamic...don't know why I'm afraid. Shame.

RE: Side Tubes not available on Dynamic - XFullFatTim - 06-09-2011 09:24am

Might be something to do with the adaptive dynamics, there is a different design of mud flaps too

RE: Side Tubes not available on Dynamic - berlin2011 - 06-09-2011 11:57am

Not related to AD - I have a Prestige on order with AD and can get the Side Tubes if so desired. It's more likely than not a cosmetic issue with the side sills, the Dynamic side sills are actually a tad bigger (i.e. they go closer to the ground) than the Prestige side sills.

RE: Side Tubes not available on Dynamic - pureevoque - 06-09-2011 12:29pm

Yes you can see the the dynamic has a small side skirt;

[attachment=334]

RE: Side Tubes not available on Dynamic - PhilSkill - 06-09-2011 02:33pm

The coloured bodywork extends lower all round the vehicle on the Dynamic with side skirts and lower panels front and rear. So you couln't have the chrome pipe and the black panel on the dynamic it would look weird.

RE: Side Tubes not available on Dynamic - memota - 09-10-2011 07:43am

Is the side pipe thing metal? Or painted plastic to look metal?

RE: Side Tubes not available on Dynamic - XFullFatTim - 09-10-2011 10:15am

On previous LR's that I have owned they have been exceptionally heavy chromed steel tubes, what would be the point of having plastic ones they would break if you used them for the correct purpose rather than for aesthetics - plastic side tubes would be as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

RE: Side Tubes not available on Dynamic - cjfp - 09-10-2011 10:27am

@xfft - I think memota is asking about the chrome strip towards the bottom of the std Dynamic door rather than the additional side tubes

RE: Side Tubes not available on Dynamic - memota - 09-10-2011 10:31am

(09-10-2011 10:27am)cjfp Wrote:  @xfft - I think memota is asking about the chrome strip towards the bottom of the std Dynamic door rather than the additional side tubes

Actually the standard chrome strip at the bottom of the Prestige doors.

RE: Side Tubes not available on Dynamic - XFullFatTim - 09-10-2011 10:32am

Dynamics don't have any "fender blade" on their doors - only Pure's and Prestiges