babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Steering wheel - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Steering wheel (/Thread-Steering-wheel--9610)

Pages: 1 2

Steering wheel - !ndystar - 06-11-2015 07:02am

[Image: 2012-land-rover-range-rover-evoque-steering-wheel.jpg]

Just got hold of my new range rover evoque and I'm loving it so far. The interior is of a high level for the most part and the cheaper made parts are not really that noticeable for me. But there is an exception, the steering wheel.

The feel of the wheel is good but the center of the steering wheel where the horn press is, is made of plastic and it looks and feels cheap.

Did any trims such as the autobiography model get leather steering wheel center? Or anyone know how this can be done aftermarket?

For reference I'm British but live in China where I bought my evoque. I believe it is equivalent of the dynamic trim

RE: Steering wheel - PhilSkill - 06-11-2015 11:29am

Nope, only complaint I remember was the center RANGE ROVER badge is a bit cheap and plastic, should have been chromed metal as it's the definitive marque, but not known anyone actually replace it.

RE: Steering wheel - Pete - 06-11-2015 12:18pm

For me, it's the directional control pads on either side of the wheel that feel cheap and plastic to me. I feel like I could break it just by jabbing it with my thumbnail. I have a funny feeling my steering wheel centre is leather or something that looks very like leather. It might be that local regulations in China might dictate that airbags must be covered by something that'll break into sharp jagged pieces...

RE: Steering wheel - XFullFatTim - 06-11-2015 12:56pm

I'm pretty sure that both my Dynamics had a plastic cover for the steering wheel boss airbag, the wheel surround was leather.

Steering wheel - Stadt Panzer - 06-11-2015 03:52pm

3x Dynamics and all three had a plastic cover.

My latest Dynamic is with the extra Oxford leather and it still has a plastic cover in the centre of the steering wheel.

RE: Steering wheel - !ndystar - 07-11-2015 10:40am

So anyone know about the autobiography? That trim isn't offered here in China. But if the part exists I can buy it elsewhere

RE: Steering wheel - MartinP - 07-11-2015 09:36pm

It's exactly the same in the autobiography !ndystar

RE: Steering wheel - !ndystar - 08-11-2015 12:31am

Thanks

RE: Steering wheel - angeli662 - 08-11-2015 04:43pm

(08-11-2015 12:31am)!ndystar Wrote:  Thanks
http://www.powerfuluk.com/categorylist/r-rover-evoque---sport-evoque-interior-accessories/

RE: Steering wheel - Pete - 08-11-2015 11:56pm

Yep, plastic in my Prestige Lux too. I only really noticed after seeing this thread.