babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner......... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner......... (/Thread-LR-Dealer-refuses-to-give-customer-like-for-like-loaner)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner......... - XFullFatTim - 20-09-2015 06:34pm

It isn't Land Rover it is the dealerships, the tie up between LR and it's dealers is a bit different to other manufacturers but it would be so much better to see the dealers having some loaners from the marque to use. Mind you how many dealers can afford to have several £85,000 Range Rovers and Range Rover Sports on their loaner fleet.......

RE: LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner......... - Griffter18 - 20-09-2015 08:09pm

I dont think they need several £85k vehicles but id expect them to at least keep within the brand.
If I walked in to Audi or BMW with a £50k car i wouldnt expect to come out with the same spec loaner. I would however expect to come out with something from thier low end range say an A1 or A3 or 1 series rather than a skoda or fiat panda lol.
Custmer experience is very important and the cars others have shown indicate the dealers dont support the brand they are selling.

RE: LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner......... - RacingSnake - 20-09-2015 08:41pm

Looks like I've been luckier than you guys, although not an evoque, I've always come away with a (new) freelander as a courtesy car.

RE: LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner......... - scrannel - 21-09-2015 03:54pm

99% of the time my dealer sticks me with a Jag (which they also sell). Once got an Evoque coupe, once a Caddy. No complaints.

RE: LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner......... - markdartj - 03-10-2015 05:38am

My dealer gave me a Jag FX as a loaner, so no complaints here, but it did have "Jaguar/Landrover of Seattle Courtesy Car" stickers all over the back window, so it kind of cheapened the experience. I was happy to get my Evoque back.

RE: LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner......... - ziggy stardust - 27-12-2015 04:36pm

I always get a Jaguar when my Evoque is being serviced which I like because it was one of the cars I considered before buying the Evoque, giving it back makes me feel good that I chose the Evoque.

Z

RE: LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner......... - bee - 27-12-2015 10:21pm

ok, so I'm going to ask the question when my evo has any work done to it. if the answer is a lesser car, then I will toddle off to the next dealer. sorted ?

LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner......... - Stadt Panzer - 28-12-2015 09:18am

I normally get a Volvo as my dealers also sells them. Which I don't mind.

RE: LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner......... - PhilSkill - 29-12-2015 11:12pm

How about this as a courtesy car...

V8 twin supercharged, Nice!

[attachment=4448]

RE: LR Dealer refuses to give customer like for like loaner......... - tattoobob26 - 30-12-2015 10:23am

I had the same problem my evoque went in to the dealers and the courtesy car they were trying to give me was a Fiat. So I told them I'm not driving around in fiat. After a few phone calls he comes back to me and says I can get a alpha romeo here in 15 mins. I said that was no good either and made a right fuss about it eventually they found me a evoque. We are well within our rights to demand like for like and if your stubborn enough you'll get one.