babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Thing above rear view mirror - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Thing above rear view mirror (/Thread-Thing-above-rear-view-mirror)

Pages: 1 2

Thing above rear view mirror - tattoobob26 - 30-08-2015 01:13pm

Does anyone know what the thing above the interior lights and the rear view mirror is called and what it does? I was just sitting looking at it and wondered.
Thanks folks☺.

RE: Thing above rear view mirror - bee - 30-08-2015 05:27pm

(30-08-2015 01:13pm)tattoobob26 Wrote:  Does anyone know what the thing above the interior lights and the rear view mirror is called and what it does? I was just sitting looking at it and wondered.
Thanks folks☺.

I wondered too about it. maybe its part of the computer system ?

RE: Thing above rear view mirror - XFullFatTim - 30-08-2015 05:52pm

Your description isn't very graphic but if it is a large plasticy deep reddish finished plate then it hides the transmitter for the Whitefire Headphones if your car has the dual view screen with TV and upgraded Meridian. It is part of the Lux Pack if you have a Prestige or Dynamic

RE: Thing above rear view mirror - Evo-king - 30-08-2015 06:57pm

Tim's most probably right or it could be the sunglasses holder.

The owners manual for your car should have the details. Model specs change.

RE: Thing above rear view mirror - tattoobob26 - 30-08-2015 07:27pm

[Image: 20150830_191955.jpg]
The black thing and the little black rectangle above the light.

RE: Thing above rear view mirror - wheels - 30-08-2015 07:30pm

I have the dual view screen but don't have the TV that I know about. And have no idea about any upgraded Meridian. Still have that thing up there

edit: Just saw your pic. Mine is about 15*10 centimeters

RE: Thing above rear view mirror - doug - 30-08-2015 08:55pm

little black rectangle above the light.

Passenger airbag off light. As for your other question, I haven't got a cue Confused

RE: Thing above rear view mirror - Stadt Panzer - 30-08-2015 09:05pm

The black box to the right as you look at is, hiding behind the mirror, is that what you mean?

RE: Thing above rear view mirror - tattoobob26 - 30-08-2015 10:23pm

No the big black thing above the passenger airbag light with the square recess's in it.

RE: Thing above rear view mirror - XFullFatTim - 31-08-2015 10:21am

It is a trim piece because you don't have the whitefire system! On post 2014MY cars with InControl systems fitted the emergency activation switches for the InControl Remote/ Secure emergency are under drop down flaps where the two cut outs are. IIRC isn't the switch for the roller blind for the pano roof also up there on the Evoque?