babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Taggarts, Maryhill Road, Glasgow - Nightmare - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Marketplace (/Forum-Marketplace)
+--- Forum: Dealership Feedback (/Forum-Dealership-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Taggarts, Maryhill Road, Glasgow - Nightmare (/Thread-Taggarts-Maryhill-Road-Glasgow-Nightmare)

Pages: 1 2

Taggarts, Maryhill Road, Glasgow - Nightmare - dhallworth - 14-08-2015 01:02am

Posting this here with permission from Martin...

About 3 weeks ago the AB went into Taggarts to have a couple of niggles dealt with and for the front brake flexi recall to be carried out.

The first problem has been ongoing since the car was new, and every other time it has been in they've always sent it home saying they weren't able to replicate the fault. When on the motorway doing 70 - 75mph, if you opened the window and shut it, it didn't seal. Last time it was in for a service in April they decided to email Land Rover and ask for guidance as they couldn't find a fault. Last time it did it I video'd the noise on my phone so that they could see I wasn't making it up. 3 months passed and we didn't hear a thing from them so I phoned them and was told to book it in again. This time I involved Land Rover as it was getting tiresome going back and forth for the same thing. Finally, they changed the door seal and thankfully it appears to have cured the problem.

The second problem was when trying to start the car it was repeatedly clicking 3 or 4 times before it started. Again, this was reported at the service, but again, they were unable to replicate the fault. When I climbed in it to start it when leaving the dealer it clicked 3 times. I video'd this on my phone also as you could guarantee when it was cold that it wouldn't start. Anyway, when it went back in we got a phone call from Sharon on the service desk saying "We can't replicate the fault and there's no faults logged on the ECU so there's nothing wrong with it".

When explaining that I didn't believe the ECU would log a failed attempt to start as the engine didn't actually turn over she got quite defensive and border line rude telling me that I was wrong and implied that I didn't know what I was talking about. Apparently she'd asked the workshop manager who had confirmed she was right. Anyway, they eventually after having the car for 3 days managed to replicate the fault and replaced the starter motor.

When we went to collect the car I noticed that there was quite a noticeable stone chip on the leading edge of the back drivers door that wasn't there when it went in. It looked like they'd opened it and clipped it on the pillar of a ramp or something. As it's a dark coloured car and the chip was bright white it stood out like a sore thumb.

The service manager and workshop controller came out to look at the chip in the carpark before we left and were very apologetic and said they'd get it in and sorted. Brian the service manager asked if we could wait for just over a fortnight as he wanted to be there when it was done so that he could ensure it was right before we collected the car. Despite his request, he was nowhere to be seen when dropping the car off, and when collecting it today he walked straight passed us without even acknowledging us.

Between booking the car in for the remedial work originally and it going in there was a space of 2 weeks. We had previously spoken to them about changing the car for an L405 AB. We asked if they could organise an L405 demonstrator for us to have for a day when ours was in. When at the service desk they handed us the keys to a Discovery Sport stating that the Range Rover was out and no others were available, despite there being 5 sales cars right beside the front door.

By the time we collected the RR it had been in the dealer for 4 days and nobody could tell us how to upgrade the sat nav. Sharon was adamant that we had to go to Navteq to buy the maps despite Navteq not actually existing any more. Here who now do the system clearly state on the website "contact your dealer". Even with this printed and on the table in front of her she was still saying that Taggarts can't help but she'd look into it and call us back. She never did.

Anyway, the car went in on Monday this week to have the chip sorted out. Again, when booking it with the service manager we requested an L405 demo, this time we were given an Evoque with 500 miles on it, we climbed into it to see the Diesel light on and a range of 35 miles on it. Rolling Eyes

We were told that the smart repair guy would just touch in the chip on our car and that would be the end of it. We asked them again, for a 4th time to look into updating the sat nav. Anyway, 48 hours passed and we got a phone call to say the car was ready. When asking about the sat nav, again, nobody knew what was going on. Apparently they've never updated the sat nav on a 12MY car before and they're different from all the others. They've now ordered a USB stick which can take 14 days to arrive so they need the car again.

When we went to get the car today we were told that they ended up painting the entire door. Shocked When we got there it was parked in the shade, a quick look at it and the colour match looked great. When we got it home and parked it in the sun my heart sank... This car has been detailed every 12 months and there isn't a swirl visible on any of it. The paint was perfect. Despite there being a "Do No Wash" sign in the car they've washed it with a brush or something as most panels now have swirls on them, however, the back door that was painted looks like it's been washed with a brillo pad, the leading edge of the drivers door and of the rear quarter have been caught by the machine polisher and the door is just covered in buffer trails. As well as that there are scratches on the door that you can click your finger nail in!! Big Cry

Here's a few not great pictures of the paintwork. When I rang them and complained they said "It's the same guy we use to prep sales cars, he's usually very good". This car is now in worse condition then it was in when we dropped it off. I've told them that it's to be resolved by the detailer that we use regularly at their expense. Yet again, we need to wait for a phone call from the service manager.

Also, despite there being a "Do Not Wash" sign they've washed the whole car rather then just the panel they needed clean.

[Image: IMG_3644_zpsdw2tbksq.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3645_zpse3mfhmea.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3646_zpswltyz1eb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3647_zpslkdtp7nv.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3648_zps53rb3nl4.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3649_zpsv5zlcurd.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3651_zpsczr0luuq.jpg]

How they can think that it's acceptable to send something like this out as being completed is beyond me!

Thinking back a few months, Taggarts also had our Freelander in as we could hear a drumming noise coming from the rear. Apparently they had it on the ramp with a stethoscope on the hubs and diff and couldn't find anything. They said it could be tyres but to rule that out we'd need to buy new tyres or pay labour costs for them to swap them front to back despite it being under warranty.

We took the car away and slowly but surely the noise got worse. It was sent back in and they diagnosed a rear wheel bearing and changed it. The noise went away.

Strange that they couldn't hear the noise or diagnose it the first time around when we could quite clearly hear it in the car.

David.

RE: Taggarts, Maryhill Road, Glasgow - Nightmare - Stadt Panzer - 14-08-2015 11:42am

Shocking.......!!!!!!!

RE: Taggarts, Maryhill Road, Glasgow - Nightmare - AndyFrance - 14-08-2015 11:43am

After reading this, I was only going to say that it’s bad customer service, but it goes beyond that. I hope you are compensated at the very least by them restoring the paintwork.

If this story stops one person from dealing with this firm, then albeit a hollow victory for you, it’s still a victory.

The internet is a powerful medium, and you’ve started in the right place. If you have the time and inclination, Blog the bloody hell out of them. Write your story on every forum and social media site you can find.

No Corporation likes bad publicity, and although dealership’s are said to be independent, they’re not! JLR control them just like McD’s head office controls their worldwide franchise’s.

This is nowhere near acceptable! I wish you every good wish getting it resolved ASAP!

I couldn’t open the photo’s. I’d appreciate you uploading them again. I’m interested in seeing the quality work of their detailer that’s “Usually” very good.

Regards
Andy

RE: Taggarts, Maryhill Road, Glasgow - Nightmare - wheels - 14-08-2015 12:29pm

I would never ever use them again and also write the story on all LR forums

RE: Taggarts, Maryhill Road, Glasgow - Nightmare - XFullFatTim - 16-08-2015 04:25am

There is an excellent family run dealership 30 miles up the motorway in Stirling, I have used them for years and years after getting first shocking service from Shields and then from Taggarts. Taggarts is part of the Lookers Group so a letter to their HO in complaint might help you. My dealings with Lookers Park Royal in West London over the years have been memorable because of how good they were.

RE: Taggarts, Maryhill Road, Glasgow - Nightmare - dhallworth - 18-08-2015 03:08pm

Apologies for the lack of replies, I've been away for the weekend.

This was apparently done at Maryhill Road by one of their smart repairers. I've spoken to Brian the service manager since and have told him that this is to be sorted by my detailer, and if needed, my paint shop at his expense.

Fingers crossed we'll get somewhere now.

The pictures above don't seem to be working either, so I'll reload them tonight too!

David.

RE: Taggarts, Maryhill Road, Glasgow - Nightmare - dhallworth - 19-08-2015 08:15pm

Pictures now added to the original post.

David.

RE: Taggarts, Maryhill Road, Glasgow - Nightmare - doug - 20-08-2015 08:40am

Pictures are shocking.
Definitely not the work of anyone knowing the correct use of a machine polisher

RE: Taggarts, Maryhill Road, Glasgow - Nightmare - m_101 - 25-08-2015 10:38pm

I have had similar bad experiences with Maryhill - mainly just not sorting out the problem that the car was put in for. Also they updated my MY12 sat nav so... I think it's a bit strange them claiming they've never done it before!
I can however recommend Motherwell Taggarts who were not only very nice and very helpful but also fixed rattles properly and did what they were supposed to. I know for sure that I will not be heading back towards Maryhill even though it is around the corner.

RE: Taggarts, Maryhill Road, Glasgow - Nightmare - dhallworth - 02-10-2015 10:27pm

After telling Taggarts that we didn't trust their "guy" to repair the damage to the car, they agreed to send it to our guy who we've used many a time and have never had any reason to complain. The paint on the car is now flawless again. Despite being asked not to wash the car, and instead of washing just the panel they were repairing they brush washed the entire car meaning the whole car needed a full paint correction. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, here's a few before and during pictures.

Before:

[Image: normal_Before%201.jpg]

[Image: normal_Before%202.jpg]

[Image: normal_Before%203.jpg]

During:

[Image: normal_During%201.jpg]

[Image: normal_During%202.jpg]

[Image: normal_During%203.jpg]

[Image: normal_During%204.jpg]

You can see the massive difference in the two halves of the door. Shocked Anyway, it's now back to the condition it was in before they got their paws on it Smile

David.

Taggarts agreed to do an update on the sat nav as an apology for the problems that they caused. Land Rover apparently agreed to cover 50% of the cost as long as Taggarts covered the other 50% which doesn't seem right given all of the problems were caused by the retailer. Shocked

Anyway, the Range Rover went in on the Monday morning for the update to be completed. We were given a 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography as a demonstrator whilst the Range Rover was in. The other RR was meant to be going in on Tuesday to get the front brake hose recall completed.

Anyway, Tuesday came and went so on Wednesday morning I called the dealer. Apparently their laptop wasn't running the right software so they needed to update it overnight as the update takes 8 hours... The next day apparently the firmware on the car wasn't right and they managed to corrupt the head unit during the update. The LR Factory spent 4 hours working on the car remotely to resolve that issue on Wednesday. Thursday morning came and they were finally ready to try the download again. This time it worked successfully. The other car then went in on Thursday afternoon and was ready to collect on Friday morning.

Anway, we had a full week to get to grips with the new model.

[attachment=4416]

On the Wednesday we asked them for a price to change... That was 3 weeks ago and we've still not heard back from them Rolling Eyes

David.