babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
BMW X1 versus the Range Rover Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: BMW X1 versus the Range Rover Evoque (/Thread-BMW-X1-versus-the-Range-Rover-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2

BMW X1 versus the Range Rover Evoque - cutter7 - 02-09-2011 09:05am

Do you agree that the X1 looks awful? Laughing

RE: BMW X1 versus the Range Rover Evoque - XFullFatTim - 02-09-2011 09:16am

BMW's Cayenne - looks awful, sells by the shed load

RE: BMW X1 versus the Range Rover Evoque - SW6RR - 02-09-2011 09:35am

Presume you mean the Porsche, Tim?

I agree that the old Cayenne looked like a frog chewing a wasp. However, I think the new one looks quite nice...

Am I alone??

RE: BMW X1 versus the Range Rover Evoque - cutter7 - 02-09-2011 09:37am

What about the Porsche one! Wink

RE: BMW X1 versus the Range Rover Evoque - Blackseries - 02-09-2011 09:47am

(02-09-2011 09:35am)SW6RR Wrote:  Presume you mean the Porsche, Tim?

I agree that the old Cayenne looked like a frog chewing a wasp. However, I think the new one looks quite nice...

Am I alone??

No, I like the new one too. Its less in your face somehow ... it looks smaller but is in fact bigger .... mind you I speced up a Diesel as per my Prestige and it came to £63k!

RE: BMW X1 versus the Range Rover Evoque - PhilSkill - 02-09-2011 09:58am

X1 looks like an ugly blob with an Audi backend... BMW have lost their way with design. The Range looks stunning... hence that's what i'm buying Very Happy

RE: BMW X1 versus the Range Rover Evoque - XFullFatTim - 02-09-2011 09:59am

The old and the new Cayennes are both ungainly looking things I'm afraid but very capable machines.

RE: BMW X1 versus the Range Rover Evoque - Daigriff - 02-09-2011 10:56am

Prefer the look of the new Cayenne compared to the but ugly old one. The X1 just doesn't look in proportion to me and only slightly better looking than the hidious old X3.

RE: BMW X1 versus the Range Rover Evoque - Token - 02-09-2011 03:12pm

I was going to buy the new Cayenne but its too rounded and looks more like a Kia than a Porsche...the Range looks much more brutish...if it was a Dog, the Coupe would be a British Bull Dog...love it!
(02-09-2011 10:56am)Daigriff Wrote:  Prefer the look of the new Cayenne compared to the but ugly old one. The X1 just doesn't look in proportion to me and only slightly better looking than the hidious old X3.

I was going to buy the new Cayenne but its too rounded and looks more like a Kia than a Porsche...the Range looks much more brutish...if it was a Dog, the Coupe would be a British Bull Dog...love it!

RE: BMW X1 versus the Range Rover Evoque - vinny - 03-09-2011 02:23pm

Being a bmw 123d coupe owner for last 2 years I thought my natural progression into 4 wheel drive would be the x1 23d.
Off to my local dealer a couple of months ago to test drive and probably buy one but......NO!! Terrible car,Couldnt make up my mind if it was a big coupe/small estate/small 4x4 it was totally dire.
Drove the auto which couldnt decide what gear to be in and when I specced it up with the pano roof,big alloys,sat nav,bluetooth,xenons it was £40k,did get a cracking trade in value on my coupe tho but the evoque won hands down as soon as I saw it,a no brainer,ordered in july for delivery mid december Smile