babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Just curious, chip for turbo? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Just curious, chip for turbo? (/Thread-Just-curious-chip-for-turbo)

Just curious, chip for turbo? - HotLap - 01-04-2015 07:27pm

Aside from warranty concerns, anybody ever look into a chip/improved intake/exhaust for our turbo 4? I had a 2008 BMW 535i turbo that was set at a very conservation 6lbs pressure from the factory and you could get a chip that would increase the boost to 12lbs and add 100hp and gobs of torque. I wouldn't go that far as I would think it would stress the engine, but what about a chip that say added 20 - 40hp?

Anyone know how many lbs. of boost our turbo produces? This is basically the Ford Ecoboost 4cyl turbo engine correct?

Thoughts?

RE: Just curious, chip for turbo? - XFullFatTim - 01-04-2015 09:27pm

Plug in tuning boxes and ECU remaps are available in Europe but fitting them does bust your warranty. We have a forum sponsor, BAS, who is very highly regarded and does re-maps for the Evoque's ECU. Bear in mind that sales of the excellent diesels far outstrip sales of the gasoline engines everywhere outside the USA though so getting hold of petrol remaps won't be easy

RE: Just curious, chip for turbo? - HotLap - 02-04-2015 04:16pm

(01-04-2015 09:27pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Plug in tuning boxes and ECU remaps are available in Europe but fitting them does bust your warranty. We have a forum sponsor, BAS, who is very highly regarded and does re-maps for the Evoque's ECU. Bear in mind that sales of the excellent diesels far outstrip sales of the gasoline engines everywhere outside the USA though so getting hold of petrol remaps won't be easy

Tim, thanks, sounds like most RRE owners leave good enough alone Smile It's pretty peppy stock, actually feels faster than it's mid 7 sec 0-60 times.