babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Evoque "Snorkel" for real or just for looks?? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Evoque "Snorkel" for real or just for looks?? (/Thread-Evoque-Snorkel-for-real-or-just-for-looks)

Evoque "Snorkel" for real or just for looks?? - HotLap - 31-03-2015 11:29pm

Was checking out the intake of my 2015 Evoque last night and noticed how small the intake is and the fact that it comes all the way up to the driver's side (RHD) top of the fender. Cosmetic or is the RRE rated to wade water that deep?

Curious anyone open up their intake with an aftermarket kit?

Evoque "Snorkel" for real or just for looks?? - genericd - 01-04-2015 12:19am

Isn't it rated for 500mm?

RE: Evoque "Snorkel" for real or just for looks?? - Mark^^ - 01-04-2015 07:29am

500mm which is close to the top of the wheels

RE: Evoque "Snorkel" for real or just for looks?? - XFullFatTim - 01-04-2015 07:48am

That is the wading depth and if you do an LRE day in the UK they will take you to very close to that! The air intake for Evoque is under the right side of the bonnet on top of the wheel arch, protected by the clamshell of the bonnet. How much more wading depth do you want? 500mm is the same amount as my 1996 Defender, I have a proper snorkel on that (there is a difference between a Raised Intake and a Snorkel......... RAI's are not waterproof snorkels are!) The "intakes" on the wing are not intakes they are just trim pieces.

RE: Evoque "Snorkel" for real or just for looks?? - HotLap - 01-04-2015 04:55pm

Thanks gents so rated at jut under 20"s not bad! I sometimes have to cross an inch or so getting out of the driveway, so I have plenty to spare Smile

Seriously I doubt many folks over here (US) will be taking their RRE's off road.

RE: Evoque "Snorkel" for real or just for looks?? - XFullFatTim - 01-04-2015 09:21pm

I think you would be surprised at what it is capable of - always worth a little side trip onto a dusty farm road for a spot of 4 wheeling HotLap

RE: Evoque "Snorkel" for real or just for looks?? - HotLap - 02-04-2015 04:18pm

(01-04-2015 09:21pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I think you would be surprised at what it is capable of - always worth a little side trip onto a dusty farm road for a spot of 4 wheeling HotLap

I think I will try that someday, just washed/clay bar/waxed it this week so gonna have wait until dirty again Smile

RE: Evoque "Snorkel" for real or just for looks?? - XFullFatTim - 02-04-2015 07:15pm

Way too much care and attention, it's a Land Rover not a BMW you know, Land Rovers don't like being polished too much............. they look better dirty

RE: Evoque "Snorkel" for real or just for looks?? - HotLap - 05-04-2015 10:18pm

(02-04-2015 07:15pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Way too much care and attention, it's a Land Rover not a BMW you know, Land Rovers don't like being polished too much............. they look better dirty

LOL, can't help myself just anal that way Smile