babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Cracking panoramic Roofs??????? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Cracking panoramic Roofs??????? (/Thread-Cracking-panoramic-Roofs)

Cracking panoramic Roofs??????? - XFullFatTim - 31-08-2011 04:20pm

I might have been away when this topic has been discussed and even though I have used several phrases to search for it I cannot find anything.....
Has anybody heard about body flex causing panoramic roofs to crack? I have been speaking with 3 people today and when I mentioned that I was going to take the car on a green road run they all advised not to as cars fitted with the pano roof suffered from cracking of the roof corners when they were driven over the Terrapod....................... of these 3 people 2 cancelled the option of the panoramic roof after seeing the cars at the Royal Highland Show near Edinburgh with cracked glass in the roof.

Can anybody shed any light on this for me?

RE: Cracking panoramic Roofs??????? - Acwats - 31-08-2011 07:16pm

Just search on "crack"[/b]

RE: Cracking panoramic Roofs??????? - PAT - 31-08-2011 07:45pm

It's the first I've heard of this and its certainly got me concerned as I plan to use the Evoque's off road ability whenever I can!

Has me wondering now if the price increase is linked to this but I could be wrong.

RE: Cracking panoramic Roofs??????? - XFullFatTim - 31-08-2011 08:42pm

Well I'm taking mine off road on the 11th.......................... nothing extreme but certainly will be a test similar to James May's in Nevada. You'll all know on the Monday morning if it's been a disaster. Just hope the warranty covers it, will not look good for LR if the car has to be taken home with gaffer tape holding the roof on

RE: Cracking panoramic Roofs??????? - J77 - 31-08-2011 08:57pm

[Image: b579dac9.jpg]

This is the only thing that I could find about a cracked pano roof, it's on a car at an evoque live event so will be pre production car.

RE: Cracking panoramic Roofs??????? - MW73 - 31-08-2011 09:01pm

I would have thought that LR would have checked this in test cars, but if it was to happen wouldn't this be covered under warranty? Confused

RE: Cracking panoramic Roofs??????? - mark_n - 31-08-2011 09:53pm

Yikes. The torsional rigidity of the bodyshell is significantly reduced by cutting a big hole in the roof which may be compensated for by the frame for the glass and the glass itself. I can't believe this hasn't shown up in testing.