babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
InControl App Available in 2015 Evoque in Canada? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: InControl App Available in 2015 Evoque in Canada? (/Thread-InControl-App-Available-in-2015-Evoque-in-Canada)

Pages: 1 2

InControl App Available in 2015 Evoque in Canada? - birdman - 13-03-2015 08:53pm

Does anyone know a definitive answer to whether the iPhone based InControl app (available in the App store) is compatible with a 2015 Evoque sold in Canada? I can easily pair my iPhone with the head unit, BT stream music etc but I have not been able to get the inControl apps to work. I have been receiving mixed messages but it sure seems like it doesn't work.
Any news? Is this a hardware limitation of the 2015 head unit or software?

InControl App Available in 2015 Evoque in Canada? - Stadt Panzer - 14-03-2015 08:16am

The incontrol app works using the SOS button system now found in the MY15 car. Have you tried to pair them using that, if you're not sure how let me know and I'll explain?

InControl App Available in 2015 Evoque in Canada? - birdman - 16-03-2015 01:51pm

I don't follow how that works

RE: InControl App Available in 2015 Evoque in Canada? - dynamicgirl - 16-03-2015 02:30pm

You should contact your local dealer. Before I took delivery of my MY15 car last week I received an email from Land Rover Customer Support saying that an In Control account had been set up for me and my vehicle was added to the account. I believe the dealer initiated the account set up. I am able to use it on my phone and tablet.

Paula

RE: InControl App Available in 2015 Evoque in Canada? - XFullFatTim - 16-03-2015 03:04pm

The InControl App from the Appstore is, as far as I know, only any use if as Dynamic Girl says LR has set up an account for you. The system operates with InControl Remote and Secure but not with the InControl Apps system that displays apps from your phone on the 8"screen. The phone app shows data about journeys and the security status of the car (windows and doors closed/ locked) it doesn't allow you to put phone apps on the screen

RE: InControl App Available in 2015 Evoque in Canada? - birdman - 16-03-2015 03:15pm

Thx. I will talk to my salesperson and see what they say.

InControl App Available in 2015 Evoque in Canada? - Stadt Panzer - 16-03-2015 03:25pm

No one set one up for me. As soon as I got the car I followed the instructions given by the app and bingo it all worked.

RE: InControl App Available in 2015 Evoque in Canada? - birdman - 16-03-2015 03:28pm

I initially downloaded the app but it had no functionality for me (in Canada) so I deleted it.

RE: InControl App Available in 2015 Evoque in Canada? - XFullFatTim - 16-03-2015 04:26pm

You need to have the hardware fitted in the car to make it work - it may be a market specific thing and not available in Canada. It is also a factory fitted option and cannot be retro-fitted.

RE: InControl App Available in 2015 Evoque in Canada? - birdman - 16-03-2015 04:43pm

Yup. Just heard back from the dealer. Not available in Canada until next year (2016) at the earliest and no ability to retrofit.