babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Change evoque door locks - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Change evoque door locks (/Thread-Change-evoque-door-locks)

Change evoque door locks - grommit - 25-01-2015 04:08pm

Hi guys how easy or what's involved in changing the door locks on an Evoque not to mention the cost. Away on hols house broken into spare set of keys gone hopefully car still at the airport, police have told me to get locks changed as soon as soon as I get back Evil

RE: Change evoque door locks - XFullFatTim - 27-01-2015 07:17pm

im not sure about this but I believe you don't need new locks, only a new key fob and a re-program of the remote locking and ECU to the new fobs. It is costly as all modern keys are costly. The person to ask for info would be Pete@LRCS in a PM with all the cars details.

RE: Change evoque door locks - grommit - 15-03-2015 06:41pm

Hi just an update Listers Group wanted £355, for a passenger door lock +2 keys, 1 remote fob, fitting lock, reprogram 2 key fobs. So bought the door lock off them for £80 fitted myself 1 screw fitting, new key fob of ebay £70 got them to reprogram them both for £60 Total £210

RE: Change evoque door locks - The Valeter - 16-03-2015 07:11pm

I have just got a new (valeting) customer after he had his brand new 15 plate FFRR stolen after only 5 days of ownership. £5000 to do locks & fobs apparently though he was lucky as for some reason Landrover paid most of it.