babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Load retention system fitting instructions - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Load retention system fitting instructions (/Thread-Load-retention-system-fitting-instructions)

Load retention system fitting instructions - XFullFatTim - 29-08-2011 12:10pm

Looks like a very simple job, even using LR's pictograms..........
http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10206/166032.pdf

NOTE - you require these to also fit the "social" seat

RE: Load retention system fitting instructions - mark_n - 31-08-2011 07:34am

Surprised. The clock says only 6 minutes yet the instructions call for you to take a Stanley knife to the trim. It's interesting that quite a few of the accessories require cutting or drilling which is one reason my dealer won't be doing it. I prefer to take the time to do it myself properly. In any case, I'm having the rails as factory fit which is much cheaper.

RE: Load retention system fitting instructions - fam1x - 13-01-2012 09:34am

Be interested to know how long it takes you Mark, as I am thinking of adding them to my car, thought it was a dealer fit option.

RE: Load retention system fitting instructions - mark_n - 13-01-2012 01:33pm

Mine were factory fitted - see my thread on the boot mats and bumper protector - but these rails, along with the tow bars and the front mudflaps require cutting of plastic.

Just received my roof rails which look easy enough to fit, providing you use the right tool to remove the existing trim plates without damaging the car.

RE: Load retention system fitting instructions - jaystar - 26-06-2012 02:13pm

has anyone fitted load retention rails?
how easy was it to remove the exisitng 'star' or 'torx' d ring retaining bolts?
I have had a quick go at mine but they seemed very tight, almost like they had been glued in!
I was going to try and remove the polystyrene insert below the main boot floor to gain some extra boot space