babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
2016 Defender Teaser in Autiocar - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: 2016 Defender Teaser in Autiocar (/Thread-2016-Defender-Teaser-in-Autiocar)

2016 Defender Teaser in Autiocar - XFullFatTim - 29-10-2014 10:27pm

Not at all to my taste in this form but here is the teaser posted in Autocar today\
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-land-rover-defender-launch-2016

RE: 2016 Defender Teaser in Autiocar - Sarcastrix - 30-10-2014 01:38pm

Oh come on Tim, it's an autocar CGI. Autocar are the Sunday Sport of the motoring press, whenever there's a quiet news day they make up stories.

RE: 2016 Defender Teaser in Autiocar - Wife's car - 30-10-2014 02:15pm

Correct or not I quite like it, very Paris Dakar...

RE: 2016 Defender Teaser in Autiocar - Bulldog - 30-10-2014 05:41pm

In yellow it looks like a Tonka toy, I like Tonka toys especially with a V6.

RE: 2016 Defender Teaser in Autiocar - XFullFatTim - 30-10-2014 06:30pm

Also a very interesting item over the page from the Defender item - Land Rover to play Tesla at their own game with a luxury low slung "Grand Evoque'ish" EV, now that would appeal to me if they could make it as good as a Tesla, maybe they should do a joint venture with Mr Musk.

RE: 2016 Defender Teaser in Autiocar - Biker - 31-10-2014 09:31am

I kinda stopped reading when they went on about world class premium durability and breadth of capability. But only an auto gearbox? WTF write this Censored, grade 1 sales apprentice??

There is no such thing as 'electronics' and durability in the same go-anywhere off road car. I wanna see that 65 years down the line. I'd pay for that!
YMMV.

RE: 2016 Defender Teaser in Autiocar - XFullFatTim - 31-10-2014 11:16am

Biker, exactly, and it is why my Defender is going up in value now and no longer depreciating - it has NO electronics at all - even the speedo and dauges are sweet and simple - the only electro mechanical items I think are the light that indicates that the diff lock is engaged or not and the switch for the reversing light!