babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Side Steps - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Side Steps (/Thread-Side-Steps--8568)

Side Steps - X4 - 26-07-2014 10:31am

Noticed when browsing the LR configurator and spotted they are now offering side steps as an option under the "Exterior Styling" tab - Part No. VPLVP0208. No price shown but assume they will be available to buy and retro fit soon Question

RE: Side Steps - buckiebabyrr - 27-07-2014 10:55pm

Hopefully it will become able to buy and retrofit definently something i have thought about as it seems to finish the car off nicely.

RE: Side Steps - X4 - 28-07-2014 11:31am

Absolutely but possibly very expensive - I have heard a figure of £920 for dealer fitted Sad

RE: Side Steps - XFullFatTim - 29-07-2014 07:33am

Side steps are not difficult to fit DIY unless they are the electrically deployable type. If you have mudflaps then you will need to replace them with the design to go with side steps. The mounting points for the side steps are already fitted under the car at build time IIRC. You may need access to a hydraulic lift to make getting under the car easier though.

RE: Side Steps - m_101 - 30-07-2014 09:33pm

Yeah I have aftermarket side steps and they weren't difficult to fit but I agree getting the car onto a hydraulic lift was very helpful. I love mine but have to say some of the aftermarket ones aren't to my taste.

RE: Side Steps - X4 - 31-07-2014 06:30am

m-101

Where did you get yours - any pics ?

RE: Side Steps - PhilSkill - 31-07-2014 09:28am

I have aftermarket, not the Barmeca ones which are nice, fitted myself, bit fiddly doing with the car on the ground, would have been nice to have a hydraulic lift then would have been a doddle. I do find they help access and are very useful if you need access to the roof, and also add some deterrent if not protection against dings.

I think the Barmeca and these LR ones will fit tighter to the sill than the ones I have. But if the tubes are £921, wonder how much these LR ones will be!!

some pics can be found here and on this thread...

My Evoque Pics

How do you know the Mudflaps are different Tim? I couldn't find any mention of this, although I can see the steps come much further forward than the tubes, so could effect the mud flaps. (my aftermarket ones don't)

RE: Side Steps - RREVO - 31-07-2014 04:26pm

I'd been looking for some side steps (with no chrome bits to them) for a while, that matched the Dynamics mostly black trim. Found these ones on Ebay very good quality and reasonably priced. I fitted these myself a couple of weeks ago and like others have said I wish I had raised the car first, because ground clearance is very tight when fitting them. But not impossible.

[Image: step1.jpg]
[Image: step3.jpg]
[Image: step4.jpg]
[Image: step2.jpg]

RE: Side Steps - Evoqueen - 27-05-2015 02:30am

I like the deployable side steps. I've seen them once in a YouTube video but nowhere else. I also like the steps without chrome.

RE: Side Steps - colmorgan - 28-01-2016 06:16am

you got the ebay number for them?somany tochoose from