babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Time to say goodbye :-( - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Time to say goodbye :-( (/Thread-Time-to-say-goodbye)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Time to say goodbye :-( - Chrisr1806 - 19-07-2014 11:24am

You don't have to spend £80k to get a decent spec RRS . I payed £65k for my HSE with options.

RE: Time to say goodbye :-( - Tony - 19-07-2014 12:29pm

(19-07-2014 11:24am)Chrisr1806 Wrote:  You don't have to spend £80k to get a decent spec RRS . I payed £65k for my HSE with options.

£79k was the model in the showroom for same day swap, dealer is quoting well into next spring for a new order.

£65k is still too much, like many we would have been happy with the £52k RRS SE plus a few extras but LR dropped the model. It has been said elsewhere on the forum that this move by LR put potential customers out of the market overnight.

RE: Time to say goodbye :-( - David-H. - 20-07-2014 06:50pm

Hi all.

Time to say goodbye indeed, in fact the Evoque is gone.

The plan when we got the car was to keep it for 4 - 5 years, but TBH within a few months I was a bit bored of the car. Now, there's nothing wrong with the Evoque, but having come from a D3 I missed sitting higher up, plus I was pretty much forbidden from taking it offroad. So while casually browsing my local dealer's website I spotted this -

[Image: DSC_0147_zpspoqc7kif.jpg]

- and I thought sod it. So a trip to the dealers, and a deal was done, and we picked the Defender up yesterday. I know it will take a bit of getting used to, but I am really pleased with it.

Cheers - David.

RE: Time to say goodbye :-( - The Valeter - 21-07-2014 12:22am

Now that is one stunning Defender, I like that. Landrover were a little silly (for me) as around Last October I was looking for a fun car ( my now present Fiesta ST2) When I was looking at this car I went to my LR Dealer to see what they would give me for my Evoque. IIRC it was around £29K then. If they had offered me more I would have forgot the Fiesta & gone for a new RR Sport in SE trim so they blew that then announced they were to drop the SE in the UK full stop = the end of me considering a RR Sport.
I ended up ordering the Fiesta ST2 & got that on March 1st. The ST was just supposed to be a fun car but after a few weeks I got itchy feet with continuing paying out the finance on the Evoque. By this time my dealer said the trade in was between £24K & £27K which no way was I going to accept. I had said I would only sell it if I got enough to clear the finance & give me most or all my deposit back but then got a trader from Scotland who came down & paid me £31K which did the trick.
Can't say I had any rattles etc that I can think of with either of my 2 Evoque's. Had the flat battery issue 3 times with my Si4 anti roll bar creaks on both, had that on my FL2 as well.
Now I am out of the Evoque, the wife misses it terribly (snob value I think) & I do to but not that bothered to be fair. I did think about putting my name down for the new Discovery Sport but not having the finance on the Evoque now has made me happy & tight so won't bother with the Disco Sport & I am getting even more tight re car expenditure which is totally out of character & I have said that come next Feb I will likely out the Fiesta ST2 & go even cheaper & get myself an MG3 if they bring one out with a Turbo.
LR should have given me a good price on my Evoque & I would now likely be in a RRS in Chile Red but hey ho!

RE: Time to say goodbye :-( - J77 - 21-07-2014 09:34am

In all the time I've owned Land Rovers I haven't looked at other cars, but this time I've found myself wandering. Been looking at the Jag XF sportbrake, I don't really need a large 4x4 just enough space for the dogs. A XF sportbrake AWD would be nice.

The Disco Sport is still top of my list, the base Disco SE is just stretching the budget a bit too far.

RE: Time to say goodbye :-( - XFullFatTim - 21-07-2014 06:18pm

Yes, tickled my fancy too, pity there isn't a 4wd version, not even in the offing. F type Coupe also appeals as well, and the two I have travelled in didn't have a single rattle, but again no 4wd and very powerful RWD cars aren't ideal in the winter in Scotland!

RE: Time to say goodbye :-( - Evogirl - 22-07-2014 08:03pm

I considered the Jaguar XF sportbrake but apparently it's crap in the snow!!

RE: Time to say goodbye :-( - Evo-king - 22-07-2014 09:11pm

The new Jag CX-17 is on my radar as I doubt the New Discovery Sport or other versions will appeal.

That said and fingers now firmly crossed, this MY14 is superb.