babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Seat belt height adjustment - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Seat belt height adjustment (/Thread-Seat-belt-height-adjustment)

Seat belt height adjustment - tarbat - 19-05-2014 01:23pm

We find that the seat belt is too high, and rubs against my neck. The owners manual says it should "cross the collar bone at the mid-point between the neck and end of your shoulder".

But, there is no adjustment available for the height of the seat belt. The manual says to press a button to release the catch, but our Evoque doesn't have any button to press.

[Image: 14034762547_223a2d7408_o_d.jpg]

Any ideas how to move the seat belt height to adjust it's position correctly? It seems very odd that a £40k car doesn't have something as basic as seat belt height adjustment.

RE: Seat belt height adjustment - XFullFatTim - 19-05-2014 01:59pm

Interesting because my 5 door 2014MY does have adjustable belt heights
[Image: 714A8D68-F3BC-4DD0-9CC1-C32AC5CCB9BF_zpscufxcujt.jpg]
Sorry about the poor quality photo

RE: Seat belt height adjustment - PhilSkill - 19-05-2014 02:09pm

Well when you pay more for the Coupe, why would you expect to have adjustable seat belts... Wink

Yep my 5 door has adjustability too, guess there was nowhere to go up in the coupe with a lower roof line.

RE: Seat belt height adjustment - XFullFatTim - 19-05-2014 02:14pm

Could it be a spec difference between Pure and Dynamic?

RE: Seat belt height adjustment - tarbat - 19-05-2014 03:18pm

(19-05-2014 02:09pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Yep my 5 door has adjustability too, guess there was nowhere to go up in the coupe with a lower roof line.

I guess it's a coupe "feature", or is it maybe market dependent. Can anyone with a coupe (any model year) confirm if they have height adjustment? I actually want to adjust it down lower, so can't see why the lower coupe roofline is a problem. Strange decision by LR to not fit adjustment to the coupe. I suppose I can either adjust the seat higher, or fit some sort of after-market device. I just assumed that all modern cars had this type of adjustment.

RE: Seat belt height adjustment - Red FR - 19-05-2014 06:38pm

No adjustment for me MY 13 Coupe. I have found that seat belt height adjustment has not been fitted to a number of cars I have had over the years, 3 or 5 doors.

RE: Seat belt height adjustment - vinny - 19-05-2014 07:33pm

No adjustment on my 2012 61plate coupe either and the belt is at an uncomfortable height unless you are 6`6" or taller
You need a good old fashioned clothes peg to keep the tension off slightly,sure LR will do it as an option!

RE: Seat belt height adjustment - Stevemac1 - 19-05-2014 08:17pm

Nope, no height adjustment in the coupe. To go with the lack of passenger seat height adjustment.... I wonder how a smaller person sitting in the left seat would fare in a crash??