babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Windscreen wiper catching on bonnet - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Windscreen wiper catching on bonnet (/Thread-Windscreen-wiper-catching-on-bonnet)

Pages: 1 2

Windscreen wiper catching on bonnet - Gjh0702 - 01-05-2014 05:50pm

Gave my car its first 'proper' clean today and pulled wipers off from screen - the passenger side wiper 'catches' on the bonnet - marked paint
Should this happen ?

Thanks

RE: Windscreen wiper catching on bonnet - Bruno787 - 01-05-2014 05:54pm

(01-05-2014 05:50pm)Gjh0702 Wrote:  Gave my car its first 'proper' clean today and pulled wipers off from screen - the passenger side wiper 'catches' on the bonnet - marked paint
Should this happen ?

Thanks

Yes, its normal Smile

Windscreen wiper catching on bonnet - MY13 Prestige - 01-05-2014 06:12pm

(01-05-2014 05:50pm)Gjh0702 Wrote:  Gave my car its first 'proper' clean today and pulled wipers off from screen - the passenger side wiper 'catches' on the bonnet - marked paint
Should this happen ?

Thanks

You should use the winter set to park the wiper higher up so you can lift them without touching and damaging the bonnet.

RE: Windscreen wiper catching on bonnet - Gjh0702 - 01-05-2014 06:23pm

Thanks- Winter setting in future

RE: Windscreen wiper catching on bonnet - Red FR - 01-05-2014 06:35pm

It annoys me that you have to go into the menu to do this, rather than flicking the wiper switch like you do on most other makes once you've turned the ignition off. I have actually repositioned the passenger side slightly higher with no adverse effects and don't need to use this setting.

Windscreen wiper catching on bonnet - MarkA_ - 01-05-2014 06:59pm

I ran into this on the weekend too. Lucky I noticed it while putting the wipers up. Terrible terrible design.

RE: Windscreen wiper catching on bonnet - XFullFatTim - 01-05-2014 07:20pm

It's in the owner's manual .................... but I know, blokes don't read instruction manuals!

Talking of Owner's Manual's Mark - did HGG put yours in the glove box instead of in the special compartment in the top of the glove box like they did with mine? It has a dedicated "cupboard" accessed from the drop down cover in the "ceiling" of the glove box.

Windscreen wiper catching on bonnet - MarkA_ - 01-05-2014 07:48pm

A car should not require special instructions just for a wash....

They put my manual in the glove box and I promptly moved it into the cubby before leaving the forecourt Smile

RE: Windscreen wiper catching on bonnet - PhilSkill - 01-05-2014 09:09pm

Normal for BMW and Audi's too... Not just a LR thing, a modern Aerodynamic design thing!

But a faster way to access the wiper service mode would be sensible though.

RE: Windscreen wiper catching on bonnet - eddkawasaki - 01-05-2014 09:24pm

and does it really need to do a full wipe then go up to the winter position? Surely it could just go up to avoid "dry wiping"