babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Mounting round HELLA driving lights? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Mounting round HELLA driving lights? (/Thread-Mounting-round-HELLA-driving-lights)

Mounting round HELLA driving lights? - Porschebreath - 10-04-2014 08:14pm

I would like to mount these on my front bumper, any ideas?.

RE: Mounting round HELLA driving lights? - Lone Rangerover - 10-04-2014 09:32pm

(10-04-2014 08:14pm)Porschebreath Wrote:  I would like to mount these on my front bumper, any ideas?.

Although it would likely require drilling in the roof -- I think they'd look nicer up high above the windshield if you have a set of 4 or 5 sort of like the Paris to Dakkar off road Rovers.

But you could probably do it if you got the roof rails and they were hollow, you could run the wiring through there -- just a thought

RE: Mounting round HELLA driving lights? - XFullFatTim - 10-04-2014 10:41pm

If you want to fit a bullbar you would have to be very careful not to interfere with the airbags, restraint systems and the pedestrian safety system, the car isn't designed to have a bull bar on it. Have you thought about mounting Subaru Imprezza WRX style lights in the recesses for the OEM fog lights?

RE: Mounting round HELLA driving lights? - Porschebreath - 11-04-2014 01:14am

(10-04-2014 10:41pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you want to fit a bullbar you would have to be very careful not to interfere with the airbags, restraint systems and the pedestrian safety system, the car isn't designed to have a bull bar on it. Have you thought about mounting Subaru Imprezza WRX style lights in the recesses for the OEM fog lights?

No, but that's a great idea

RE: Mounting round HELLA driving lights? - XFullFatTim - 11-04-2014 08:18am

If you do then there is a thread in the Modifcations section about how to put in the wiring.

RE: Mounting round HELLA driving lights? - Lone Rangerover - 11-04-2014 11:13pm

(10-04-2014 10:41pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Have you thought about mounting Subaru Imprezza WRX style lights in the recesses for the OEM fog lights?

Sounds like a pretty good idea