babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Si4 How to replace battery? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Si4 How to replace battery? (/Thread-Si4-How-to-replace-battery)

Pages: 1 2

Si4 How to replace battery? - Bruno787 - 10-04-2014 01:45pm

Si4---Need help with Battery replacement procedures? Do I need to remove the Strut Tower Bar? Does the Evoque need some Computer battery registration (ala BMW?), or can I just install a new battery and go?

RE: Si4 How to replace battery? - XFullFatTim - 10-04-2014 08:10pm

I don't know about the physical side of changing a battery but you may have to get the Battery Management System reset after the new battery is in and connected up

Si4 How to replace battery? - Stadt Panzer - 11-04-2014 05:34am

Some of in the past have disconnected the battery for a hard reset and have never worried about a computer registration problem and never had a problem.

RE: Si4 How to replace battery? - mark_n - 11-04-2014 05:42pm

Yes, you do need to remove the suspension strut brace or at least the battery end and loosen the other. When my battery was replaced by LR assistance, no programming or reset was required.

RE: Si4 How to replace battery? - Bruno787 - 12-04-2014 01:53pm

so is premature battery failure a common occurrence with Evoques? im wondering as mine is Varta oem, and my Mini's varta at 4 years old is still going strong vs my Evoque's varta which is barely 2 years old.

RE: Si4 How to replace battery? - mark_n - 12-04-2014 10:19pm

(12-04-2014 01:53pm)Bruno787 Wrote:  so is premature battery failure a common occurrence with Evoques? im wondering as mine is Varta oem, and my Mini's varta at 4 years old is still going strong vs my Evoque's varta which is barely 2 years old.

Tough to be sure but there is some evidence that in early cars, the battery was not being fully charged. The fancy battery condition monitor incorrectly reported the state of the battery, a problem since fixed by software. Suffice it to say that when LR Assistance turned up to fix my stranded car, he had a replacement ready to hand. If your battery has failed, make sure you have the latest software.

RE: Si4 How to replace battery? - Bruno787 - 13-04-2014 02:29pm

i had the Q261 update almost a year ago. oh well hopefully LR service arrives early tomorrow as they have to fly-in to my place

RE: Si4 How to replace battery? - mstraka - 13-04-2014 03:17pm

I have no experience with this item. (Do an online search for battery memory saver.) In the past having experienced the frustration of resetting all memory based presets in several cars after changing the battery and also the cars' software relearning of operating parameters, I've purchased an inexpensive item that claims to retain all memory settings while the battery is out of the car. It is a simple device that uses a 9 volt battery and plugs into the lighter socket allowing you to then remove the battery with no loss of battery power and memory (sorry no photo.) The Evoque's lighter sockets remain live with the ignition off. My next future battery removal will test this device. Has anyone experience with this item?

RE: Si4 How to replace battery? - Guam135i - 10-10-2016 11:30pm

How old are the batteries being replaced mine is 2012 with 20K miles?

RE: Si4 How to replace battery? - PhilSkill - 11-10-2016 12:42pm

I'd expect to get around 7 years from a normal battery. Mines 2011 and fine so far, start stop even works occasionally too!

We'll see how long the Absorbent glass mat batteries last...