babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
♫ Evoque Playlist - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: ♫ Evoque Playlist (/Thread-%E2%99%AB-Evoque-Playlist)

Pages: 1 2

♫ Evoque Playlist - evogray - 24-03-2014 06:30pm

Making a playlist of tunes that will sound great on the Meridian when it arrives, what are some of your go–to tracks that show off the system's capabilities? Cool

RE: ♫ Evoque Playlist - Redrob - 24-03-2014 06:36pm

Lazy........Deep Purple

RE: ♫ Evoque Playlist - m_101 - 24-03-2014 06:36pm

I love tidal wave by subfocus on it! great differences between the highs and well-defined lows.

RE: ♫ Evoque Playlist - XFullFatTim - 24-03-2014 08:08pm

I know this won't be to the taste of all you young bucks BUT this will certainly give the entire tonal range of your system a full work out................ ANY CD of Classical Organ Recital, just make sure you aren't sitting in the driver's seat of a car with the uprated system with the volume turned up too high................. and it's better played on a CD as there is more "sparkle" to the music. I can recommend a playing of Bach's Toccata and Fuge In D Minor, Prelude and Fuge in E Flat and Prelude, largo and Fuge in C..................... I can hear bass and treble notes on the Meridan system that I just cannot hear on my Bose system in the house. The 1812 Overture also sounds great in surround sound on the Meridian system.

RE: ♫ Evoque Playlist - scalle - 24-03-2014 08:53pm

OMG, how is that for a monday evening ?

It's not my style but i'll try it out Tim!

grtz from belgium

RE: ♫ Evoque Playlist - doug - 24-03-2014 08:53pm

Madness, I like driving in my car Very Happy

RE: ♫ Evoque Playlist - scalle - 24-03-2014 08:54pm

(24-03-2014 06:30pm)evogray Wrote:  Making a playlist of tunes that will sound great on the Meridian when it arrives, what are some of your go–to tracks that show off the system's capabilities? Cool

by the way, i like Arsenal and Keane (Bedshaped) in the rre!

RE: ♫ Evoque Playlist - XFullFatTim - 24-03-2014 09:52pm

I could also add any live recording of the Last Night of the Proms sounds good too...................... I do listen to more modern music too but to me it just sounds flat and doesn't have the range of sound that "classical" music or "real" pop music from the 60's and 70's has to give the system a good work out - most Pink Floyd is great on the 825watt system. Some movie sound tracks with music in them also sound great on the 825watt system

RE: ♫ Evoque Playlist - PhilSkill - 24-03-2014 10:18pm

Pink Floyd : The Great Gig in the sky (Dark side of the moon). Any Floyd is amazing...
Muse : Uprising and the Exogenesis trilogy (The Resistance) : And The 2nd Law album.
Ozzy : No More Tears (No More Tears) : Trap Door (Black Rain)
John Williams : Film compilations

RE: ♫ Evoque Playlist - JDS - 24-03-2014 10:56pm

(24-03-2014 08:08pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I can hear bass and treble notes on the Meridan system that I just cannot hear on my Bose system in the house.

In car audio design has now got to the point where the listening experience exceeds that of many home based systems. Car audio designers appear to have maximised their advantage of knowing the size and shape of the "room" they have to fill with sound.