babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Identifying Evoque Models - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Identifying Evoque Models (/Thread-Identifying-Evoque-Models)

Identifying Evoque Models - DavidB - 15-03-2014 07:15pm

How would I identify an Evoque model (Pure / Prestige / Dynamic) from outside? There do not seem to be any explicit markings saying which model it is and if you're just following one then wheels etc. Are not much of a clue!

Is there an easy way?

Thanks,

David

RE: Identifying Evoque Models - XFullFatTim - 15-03-2014 07:34pm

From the colour of the front grille, the side blades, the rear diffuser/ trim and coupes can be told from Evoques by their bonnet vents, lower roof line at the back and ............... less doors! ED4 has only one exhaust, SD4 Pure 2 plain ones, SD4 Prestige, two with chrome-a-like trim and Dynamic exhausts exit the rear diffuser through square chromed cutouts............. I'm sure that I have forgotten something ............. Ahh yes from the back the SD 4 badges - Pure is Black, Prestige is chrome-a-like and Dynamic is red. It's really quite simple when you are an anorak!

RE: Identifying Evoque Models - PhilSkill - 15-03-2014 10:25pm

If you're following one, As Tim says the Dynamics are easy as they have the larger diffuser and chrome square exhausts, and the Badges different as above. Prestige's have a chrome strip under the rear window, but not sure if that still applies with 2014 models.

Identifying Evoque Models - DavidB - 15-03-2014 10:27pm

Thanks. I will now be diligent in spotting the different models. I'll let you know about the Prestige trim when mine finally turns up!!

David

RE: Identifying Evoque Models - XFullFatTim - 15-03-2014 10:45pm

2014MY Prestige lost the chrome strip under the rear windows for sure

Identifying Evoque Models - DavidB - 15-03-2014 10:55pm

(15-03-2014 10:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  2014MY Prestige lost the chrome strip under the rear windows for sure

Oh well! Just have to look for the other clues! DB

RE: Identifying Evoque Models - Evo-king - 16-03-2014 08:51am

Those are the standard clues.

However, quite a few owners have added bits or painted bits, just to confuse you all.Very Happy

Identifying Evoque Models - DavidB - 16-03-2014 07:00pm

Oh well! Hoist by my own petard I suppose! It was only so that I could sit in my Prestige Lux Coupe (when it gets here!) and feel smug if I saw an "inferior" model!!

David

RE: Identifying Evoque Models - Silver Fox - 17-03-2014 08:32am

(16-03-2014 07:00pm)DavidB Wrote:  Oh well! Hoist by my own petard I suppose! It was only so that I could sit in my Prestige Lux Coupe (when it gets here!) and feel smug if I saw an "inferior" model!!

David

Hi,There are no inferior models in the Range Rover Evoque as you get what you pay for.

In my case I purchased a Pure with Tech pack and then added the extras that I wanted as opposed to the standard fittings that are on Prestige and Dynamic etc.,

On model differentiation you will find that MY2014 has a moulded fitted rear window and has lost the black trim that fits underneath the side windows and does not continue around the rear window.

I consider this to be a retrograde step by Land Rover and appears to be penny pinching on the Range Rover brand.

Identifying Evoque Models - DavidB - 17-03-2014 08:35am

I was speaking very much "tongue in cheek"!!!