babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
New Member / New Order - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: New Member / New Order (/Thread-New-Member-New-Order--8241)

New Member / New Order - DavidB - 15-03-2014 07:05pm

Hi everyone!

This is my first post as I have just discovered this forum. My Evoque is on order from Lookers of Bishop's Stortford. They have given me a delivery date of 8th May but with everything I've been reading here about InControl it looks a lot like it will slip - which is extremely depressing as I originally wanted the car on 1st March!!

This is what I am waiting for:

Evoque Diesel Coupe 2.2 SD4 Prestige Lux.
Indus Silver.
Cirrus/Lunar Oxford Leather with Dark Grey Oak Trim.
20" Style Six Wheels + Steel Spare.
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror.
Privacy Glass.
Adaptive Xenon Headlights with LED signature lights + auto levelling, cornering lights and power wash.
High Beam Assistant.
InControl Remote & Secure.
Five year service plan

I seem to see very few coupes around and do not really know how JLR can justify an extra thousand pounds to have two fewer doors but a coupe it is for me!

So, that's me and my car ... I look forward to participating and getting stuck into the forum. I don't expect to have much to contribute to start with but will do my best!

David

RE: New Member / New Order - XFullFatTim - 15-03-2014 07:40pm

At the moment the cars specced with InControl are scheduled to start production on March 19th - there are a few people here waiting for them.............. so you may have to get in line!

RE: New Member / New Order - DavidB - 15-03-2014 08:22pm

(15-03-2014 07:40pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  At the moment the cars specced with InControl are scheduled to start production on March 19th - there are a few people here waiting for them.............. so you may have to get in line!

Hopefully, I am already in line! My order went in at the start of Feb and I have been given 8th May as my delivery date ....

David

New Member / New Order - MarkA_ - 15-03-2014 08:51pm

(15-03-2014 07:40pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  At the moment the cars specced with InControl are scheduled to start production on March 19th - there are a few people here waiting for them.............. so you may have to get in line!

*taps foot repeatedly*

RE: New Member / New Order - Evo-king - 16-03-2014 08:43am

Welcome DavidB.

You are not familiar obviously with build delays associated with the RRE anywhere from 9-12 months in some cases.

Recently, some orders & builds have had a quite quick turnaround, this was most likely down to order spec and low orders on dealers books.

Tim placed his order back in September, and has had several "put backs" (In Control being the culprit) read his posts and you'll sense his anger.

Your car will be built after his.

RE: New Member / New Order - XFullFatTim - 16-03-2014 10:47am

The dealer I have been using in London is quoting August/September delivery for orders placed now! They have no cars in stock either and dare not sell the demo cars for fear that they will not be replaced. It's all good for residuals

New Member / New Order - DavidB - 16-03-2014 07:03pm

Bloody hell! That worries me a lot! I did ask the sales rep and she assured me that the delivery date was definite - sounds like they are misleading her as well! If it slips too far then I'll have to rethink completely and perhaps buy something else!!

David

RE: New Member / New Order - XFullFatTim - 16-03-2014 08:38pm

She may have more allocation or unsold allocation which would make a difference