babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Evoque (dynamic) vs. x3i35 (msport) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Evoque (dynamic) vs. x3i35 (msport) (/Thread-Evoque-dynamic-vs-x3i35-msport)

Pages: 1 2

Evoque (dynamic) vs. x3i35 (msport) - Oslermarine - 02-03-2014 09:53pm

Hey guys,

I'm sure I might get a little bit of a biased opinion on this website, but was wondering if you could give me any advice on the above cars. I think I've made the decision 10+ times and then decided otherwise.

Evoque - better looking (interior as well, but odd color options in the dynamic)

x3 - engine
- maintenance

Thoughts?

Evoque (dynamic) vs. x3i35 (msport) - Stadt Panzer - 02-03-2014 09:55pm

BMW boring [WINKING FACE]

RE: Evoque (dynamic) vs. x3i35 (msport) - Oslermarine - 02-03-2014 09:56pm

In Germany, I suppose so.

RE: Evoque (dynamic) vs. x3i35 (msport) - XFullFatTim - 02-03-2014 10:08pm

In the USA I would also say Evoque is a somewhat less common sight than an X3 of any sort an Evoque is a bit more exclusive and not a soccer mum's car.

RE: Evoque (dynamic) vs. x3i35 (msport) - Oslermarine - 02-03-2014 10:10pm

(02-03-2014 10:08pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  In the USA I would also say Evoque is a somewhat less common sight than an X3 of any sort an Evoque is a bit more exclusive and not a soccer mum's car.

Agreed. Although not the main reason for me to buy or not buy the car (something to consider certainly).

RE: Evoque (dynamic) vs. x3i35 (msport) - XFullFatTim - 02-03-2014 10:13pm

Then something that may be of relevance - the Evoque can actually get offroad straight out of the showroom without having to spec any offroad packs or X drive systems and it will go a whole lot further offroad than the BM

RE: Evoque (dynamic) vs. x3i35 (msport) - HeartbreakRidge - 02-03-2014 10:33pm

(02-03-2014 10:08pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  In the USA I would also say Evoque is a somewhat less common sight than an X3 of any sort an Evoque is a bit more exclusive and not a soccer mum's car.

On a recent trip between Ohio and Washington D.C. (about 7-8 hrs) and back again, I saw a grand total of two Evoques (at least a dozen or more bigger LRs or RRs) and a flood of BMW & Mercedes & Lexus SUVs. Also, everytime I see a BMW X it seems to be an X5 and only rarely actually is an X3.

FWIW!

(and around my area, since about November when I started looking I have seen an Evoque only once outside of the dealer).

Also, one small nudge in the X3 favor is that you can have the fun of a factory pickup from Spartansburg, SC if you are so inclined.

RE: Evoque (dynamic) vs. x3i35 (msport) - Biker - 02-03-2014 11:26pm

I'm all for being realistic. You need to consider what you want to use the car for, who is going to drive it, where it is going to be driven and also maintenance cost & reliability.
Going to throw a cat among the pigeons here and I will misquote: "The bitterness of high cost/poor quality remains long after the sweetness of good looks are forgotten"

RE: Evoque (dynamic) vs. x3i35 (msport) - Bruno787 - 04-03-2014 01:24pm

cross shopped between my Evoque Si4 and a fully loaded X3 2.0d, never regretted my purchase Smile

bmw is nice, but not as luxurious, radical looking, and as off road capable as the Evoque.

if a bigger boot, anonymous looks, roomier cabin is what you need, go for the X.

RE: Evoque (dynamic) vs. x3i35 (msport) - buckiebabyrr - 04-03-2014 09:51pm

X3 to me is a poor mans X5 dont see many on the road just the odd used one.