babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Pirelli problems - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Pirelli problems (/Thread-Pirelli-problems)

Pirelli problems - Westy - 11-02-2014 09:35pm

Gutted was hoping to get to 70,000 miles out of the front tyres, have got to 65000 and hit 2mm

Joking aside these tyres have been great, good news the lease company also authorised replacement with the same me tyres.

Great news as I have found them to be great tyres, please see before and after, it seems the new verde all seasons versions have been improved. Very HappyLaughing

RE: Pirelli problems - Kah - 12-02-2014 02:28pm

(11-02-2014 09:35pm)Westy Wrote:  Gutted was hoping to get to 70,000 miles out of the front tyres, have got to 65000 and hit 2mm

Joking aside these tyres have been great, good news the lease company also authorised replacement with the same me tyres.

Great news as I have found them to be great tyres, please see before and after, it seems the new verde all seasons versions have been improved. Very HappyLaughing

65000 wow
I'm in the money we only do 6000 a year
This baby RR gets better and better I'm use to replacing bmw tyres every 12/14000 miles
So glad the wife choose this vehicle . I think she's just done over a hundred in it so far,
I will tell her it's ok you can do a few more.
Very Happy

RE: Pirelli problems - XFullFatTim - 12-02-2014 02:56pm

Kay, don't get your hopes up too soon, plenty of people have been struggling to get 20000 miles out of a set of front tyres. Have to agree with Westy though my previous cars that have been shod with Pirellis as OEM supply have always done good mileage unless I've trashed one on a pot hole or offroad

RE: Pirelli problems - KaDargo - 12-02-2014 06:03pm

(12-02-2014 02:56pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Kay, don't get your hopes up too soon, plenty of people have been struggling to get 20000 miles out of a set of front tyres. Have to agree with Westy though my previous cars that have been shod with Pirellis as OEM supply have always done good mileage unless I've trashed one on a pot hole or offroad

Currently ay 21.000 miles with 6mm all round (Michelins), so expecting considerably more.

Thinking of trying Pirelli Verde all weather next, as they now do 20" size - are they any good?

RE: Pirelli problems - Westy - 12-02-2014 10:14pm

(12-02-2014 06:03pm)KaDargo Wrote:  Currently ay 21.000 miles with 6mm all round (Michelins), so expecting considerably more.

Thinking of trying Pirelli Verde all weather next, as they now do 20" size - are they any good?

Probably the best tyres I have ever had in many years of business driving, excellent grip in all weathers, sand, snow, rain and motorway speed.

I think its a testament to the cars suspension and tyre relationship

See before

RE: Pirelli problems - m_101 - 12-02-2014 10:57pm

HOW
do you people get this sort of mileage!
I'm at 20k with contis and down to 2mm going to need to replace the fronts soon... although still got 5-6mm on the rears.
So jealous!

RE: Pirelli problems - speary - 13-02-2014 09:46am

(12-02-2014 10:57pm)m_101 Wrote:  HOW
do you people get this sort of mileage!
I'm at 20k with contis and down to 2mm going to need to replace the fronts soon... although still got 5-6mm on the rears.
So jealous!
One contributing factor to accelerated tyre wear is entering bends too fast and then decelerating mid bend. This uses the tyres grip to scrub off speed, it also upsets the balance of the vehicle. Get the speed for the bend correct before entering, maintain a balanced throttle (don't let the car slow or speed up) during the bend and then accelerate away when you can see the road opening up
Also how about not sticking the car on its nose when stopping or slowing for hazards ie traffic lights, queues or traffic etc. React sooner by using observation and anticipation, you can then just come off the accelerator and possibly not even have to use the brakes. All this stops you loading the front tyres and thus reduces wear on tyres and brakes
My tyre wear after 29000 miles. Fronts 4mm left. Rears 5mm left. The big difference between your front and rear wear tends to suggest you may be driving in a similar way to my reasons above.. If this is not the case I apologise and don't mean to cause offence.