babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Tyre Price & Life expectancy survey (Different Sizes) ? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Tyre Price & Life expectancy survey (Different Sizes) ? (/Thread-Tyre-Price-Life-expectancy-survey-Different-Sizes)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Tyre Price & Life expectancy survey (Different Sizes) ? - Bodlyfunctions - 26-02-2014 12:23am

Just turned 40k miles last week and still on original Pirelli rubber. About 3.5mm all around as I swap fronts and backs around about 10k ago. Very happy runnings

RE: Tyre Price & Life expectancy survey (Different Sizes) ? - hussar10a - 26-02-2014 02:11pm

2650 miles ! A 1p screw puncture right on the shoulder that couldn't be repaired cost me £223 for a new 20" michelin. Considering I hadn't even worn the pimples off the original to say I was jacked off would be an understatement ! ( talking of jacks who in god's name designed the cranking handle on them, couldn't be more fiddly or slow to use if they tried !)

RE: Tyre Price & Life expectancy survey (Different Sizes) ? - SiT - 04-03-2014 11:58pm

19's on mine, 16.5K mile and still have a good 5mm all round. I have had to replace one tyre because of a punture early on at a cost of £214 for the Conti's

RE: Tyre Price & Life expectancy survey (Different Sizes) ? - MartinP - 30-06-2014 12:26pm

Just had to replace my fronts after 38k miles so very pleased with how the Conti's have performed. The rears are at 5mm so plenty left in those.

RE: Tyre Price & Life expectancy survey (Different Sizes) ? - fam1x - 30-06-2014 03:54pm

I had to replace the Rear tyre as I manage to get a nail in it and unable to repair it. I have done just 17000 miles now. New tyre costs £175 Smile not cheap for an 18" Pirelli

(26-02-2014 02:11pm)hussar10a Wrote:  2650 miles ! A 1p screw puncture right on the shoulder that couldn't be repaired cost me £223 for a new 20" michelin. Considering I hadn't even worn the pimples off the original to say I was jacked off would be an understatement ! ( talking of jacks who in god's name designed the cranking handle on them, couldn't be more fiddly or slow to use if they tried !)

Ouch Sad I wonder if tyre insurance you can take out when new with car will covered this !!!

RE: Tyre Price & Life expectancy survey (Different Sizes) ? - XFullFatTim - 01-07-2014 12:16am

The tyre insurer I was covered by required digital photos of the damage (they said what angles and views they wanted them from) with the electronic claim form. They paid out within 24 hours of the claim form being received so I assume that the do it on a case by case judgement. The claim form was dead easy to fill in too - basically how when where and how much are you claiming back (limited in my case to £270) - A photo speaks a 1000 words!

RE: Tyre Price & Life expectancy survey (Different Sizes) ? - m_101 - 01-07-2014 10:31pm

I have the same cover I think XFFT or very similar. Dead easy to claim, paid out both times I've claimed. I tend to get fixable punctures fixed myself and claim when I know a puncture isn't fixable as I'm limited to 5 claims in 3 years.

RE: Tyre Price & Life expectancy survey (Different Sizes) ? - David-H. - 03-07-2014 11:36am

(30-06-2014 12:26pm)MartinP Wrote:  Just had to replace my fronts after 38k miles so very pleased with how the Conti's have performed. The rears are at 5mm so plenty left in those.

Martin - what size of wheels? I only ask because the Continentals (20") the front of mine are about 75% worn after only 19K miles, and I by no means drive the car hard. Just a mixture of dual carriageway and Edinburgh's terrible roads.

David.

RE: Tyre Price & Life expectancy survey (Different Sizes) ? - MartinP - 03-07-2014 12:10pm

David
19's.....and I'm sure the Welsh roads are comparable to yours!