babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Evoque Ride & Drive at Westfield London - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Evoque Ride & Drive at Westfield London (/Thread-Evoque-Ride-Drive-at-Westfield-London)

Pages: 1 2

Evoque Ride & Drive at Westfield London - Lookers Park Royal - 22-08-2011 05:49pm

On Friday I saw two transporters fully of Evoques pass the dealership, and must admit that I assumed that they were our launch cars and first customer orders which had slipped through the gates of Land Rover a couple of weeks early! It then dawned on me that it was the weekend of the Evoque ride and drive at Westfield Shopping Centre in West London. Embarrassed

Sadly I didn't get a chance to visit Westfield this weekend, however there seemed to be a constant stream of Evoques going past the dealership this weekend.

I wondered if anyone managed to get down there and how they go on? Would be nice to see some snaps too.

James Wink

RE: Evoque Ride & Drive at Westfield London - Charlie - 22-08-2011 07:42pm

There you go

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Evoque-Unleashed-London

Doesn't sound like the best one so far. Did you see them all coming past you to Northolt and back?

Any exciting news from you James?

RE: Evoque Ride & Drive at Westfield London - Lookers Park Royal - 22-08-2011 08:29pm

(22-08-2011 07:42pm)Charlie Wrote:  There you go

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Evoque-Unleashed-London

Doesn't sound like the best one so far. Did you see them all coming past you to Northolt and back?

Any exciting news from you James?

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the link. I can't believe I missed a four-page thread! I've replied to your PM. No news other than the fact that I drove an Si4, SD4 Auto and TD4 Manual a couple of weeks back and am blown away at how good the vehicle is (trying not to sound like a typical salesman Embarrassed ). All of the team have had their first phase of product training and our launch/showroom cars are on schedule.

I've got an inkling to put as many accessories as possible on one of our showroom vehicles, therefore if anyone wants to lend me a Kayak for a couple of weeks then it would be great (odd request I know)!!

We're just looking forward to the first cars and getting some delivered to their new owners.

Thanks again for the tip off. Cool

James Wink

RE: Evoque Ride & Drive at Westfield London - XFullFatTim - 22-08-2011 09:18pm

Black wheels and a set of black roof rails on an Indus silver Evoque seems to be what has done it for most on here! Sounds a bit last last year's LE Defender...............

RE: Evoque Ride & Drive at Westfield London - ant - 23-08-2011 12:07am

mmmmmmm.... black wheels with offroad tyres, snorkel, underbody protction, extra lights, winch bumper with winch and a 3" suspension lift & it will match my Defender.
Ant

RE: Evoque Ride & Drive at Westfield London - provoque - 23-08-2011 03:19am

What kinda stupid pool is that!!!

RE: Evoque Ride & Drive at Westfield London - DDX - 23-08-2011 08:20am

James, I too went to the Westfield Event - haven't had a chance to write up on it yet. Just wandering, how do dealers interact with LR in regards to customer feedback on vehicle specs? Or do they amend future specs based on options ordered?

RE: Evoque Ride & Drive at Westfield London - paulus599 - 23-08-2011 01:50pm

(23-08-2011 03:19am)provoque Wrote:  What kinda stupid pool is that!!!

You're not LRX in stealth mode again are you? Shocked

RE: Evoque Ride & Drive at Westfield London - Charlie - 23-08-2011 02:00pm

Now now, just because there is more than one tosser on the forum it doesn't mean they are all LRX

James will you be getting the cars before the 8th for us to nose at?

RE: Evoque Ride & Drive at Westfield London - Lookers Park Royal - 23-08-2011 05:07pm

DDX - That is a very good question. It is realy a case of three parts, where much of the specification is put together based on (as you say) what has previously been ordered, which is when you start to see 'packs' such as Tech, Lux and Plus. The other is by dealers feeding back to LR's product managers via our intranet as to what we believe customers would like to see. Lastly, Land Rover do hold regular focus groups for existing customer and drivers of conquest vehicles with a view to establishing exactly what they would like to see on future models. With Evoque it is a slightly different as it is yet to be formally launched, therefore most of the specification will have been put together based on customer focus groups and what other markets are doing.

Charlie - Land Rover are suspending deliveries of all other models in the run-up to launch so that dealers receive their demonstrators and showroom vehicles (plus first customer cars) at the same time, and as close to launch so as not to dilute the excitement of 8th September. Having been with the brand for many years, in my experience we may get the cars the day before (or a couple of days before), however we will be spending the time between them preparing and accessorising them ready for the launch, therefore in essence it is unlikely that we will be able to offer any preview's. As you will appreciate Land Rover have asked that we maintain the excitement until launch day!!

James