babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
I think I've finally found a BMW I really like - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: I think I've finally found a BMW I really like (/Thread-I-think-I-ve-finally-found-a-BMW-I-really-like)

Pages: 1 2

I think I've finally found a BMW I really like - XFullFatTim - 04-11-2013 10:35pm

The new BMW i3 ................. pity it's still RWD and runs on super skinny tyres so grip won't be too fantastic, could be seriously tempted by the range extender version as most of my trips are 16-30 mile seach way so within the range of it's battery capacity at town speeds but my runs are into town from the countryside. I doubt I would want to drive the length of the UK (which would require over night recharge stops) in it but then it isn't designed for that

I think I've finally found a BMW I really like - Stadt Panzer - 05-11-2013 06:34am

Her-in-doors likes it too, any idea how much they are asking?

RE: I think I've finally found a BMW I really like - cjfp - 05-11-2013 06:53am

(05-11-2013 06:34am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Her-in-doors likes it too, any idea how much they are asking?

From £30680 according to the BMW website

RE: I think I've finally found a BMW I really like - RacingSnake - 05-11-2013 08:53am

plus battery rental?

Not a fan of the i3 - I don't really think it is bringing anything new to the table and doesn't really even look good (IMO).
I do like the i8 though, again, nothing new (say versus the tesla), but it does look good Very Happy

RE: I think I've finally found a BMW I really like - tetstb - 05-11-2013 10:10am

There is a 299 per month leasing plan coming soon

I think I've finally found a BMW I really like - Stadt Panzer - 05-11-2013 10:30am

30k[FLUSHED FACE]. Hell I can get an Evoque for that!!

RE: I think I've finally found a BMW I really like - XFullFatTim - 05-11-2013 12:34pm

(05-11-2013 10:30am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  30k[FLUSHED FACE]. Hell I can get an Evoque for that!!

But then, in the UK you have to pay for fuel that is much more expensive than electricity, road fund tax and
expensive servicing. I'm sure that BMW will find a away to fleece owners on the servicing charges for an electric motor................... which should only need it's brushes replaced periodically.

The problems I have about electric vehicles and that nobody in any dealership seems to want to/ or is not willing to answer are:

How do they perform in cold weather? - Defender's battery is only 2 years old but after 2 or three cold nights it hardly has enough power to turn the engine over even if it is left on a battery conditioner overnight.

How long can you leave a battery car unused before the battery dies? Replacement batteries are not something you get off the shelf at Halfords for these vehicles.

RE: I think I've finally found a BMW I really like - Donny Dog - 05-11-2013 01:52pm

(05-11-2013 12:34pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  ......... which should only need it's brushes replaced periodically.

Surely they'll be brushless?

RE: I think I've finally found a BMW I really like - cjfp - 05-11-2013 02:50pm

How does the electricity get produced? And how are we going to produce it all when we all have electric cars?

RE: I think I've finally found a BMW I really like - Donny Dog - 05-11-2013 04:20pm

(05-11-2013 02:50pm)cjfp Wrote:  How does the electricity get produced? And how are we going to produce it all when we all have electric cars?

We'll just have one big electrically powered generator.Wink