babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
scratches on the center display - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: scratches on the center display (/Thread-scratches-on-the-center-display)

scratches on the center display - slee18 - 11-10-2013 06:04pm

Anyone else have scratches on the center display between the gauges?
Is there a prevent that from getting scratched every time i clean it?

RE: scratches on the center display - PhilSkill - 11-10-2013 07:13pm

It is a very soft plastic, so you must be careful, use a glass microfibre or something very soft.

RE: scratches on the center display - slee18 - 11-10-2013 09:35pm

Thats what i have been using but it still scratched Sad

RE: scratches on the center display - Mark^^ - 12-10-2013 04:32am

I too have a myriad of scratches on the centre display between the gauges, sent an email to the sales manager a week after purchase, as they are only visible with direct light shining on the screen, but he did not action. So I have raised it again with the service area who are working out a way to get it fixed. Lucky I get a copy of the initial email to prove I had raised the issue early on.

RE: scratches on the center display - Stevemac1 - 12-10-2013 10:40pm

none on my centre display, but on the a/c temp display there were. Got that unit replaced as I noticed them before the car had been registered, seems even rubbing your finger over the plastic will leave a scratch..

RE: scratches on the center display - XFullFatTim - 13-10-2013 12:40am

Eons ago before we had computerised, flat screen radars we used to do our anti-collision plotting on perspex reflective plotting screens on top of the CRT and that used to scratch easily too. We use to use a special perspex polish to remove fine scratches.
Perspex is also called Lexan in some parts of the world. There is also something called Jeweller's Rouge which is a very very fine polish used to clean expensive jewelry, however as it is a paste it may be too abrasive. I have also used old fashioned Goddard's Silver Polish on perspex - don't use Brasso though it is also abrasive and will add more scratches than it removes! Tried and don't recommend it!