babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
SatNav - saving locations without entering address - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: SatNav - saving locations without entering address (/Thread-SatNav-saving-locations-without-entering-address)

SatNav - saving locations without entering address - markleigh - 29-09-2013 11:40pm

Sorry - another question as a newbie...
In other cars I have been able to save a location by touching a 'Save' button or similar (i.e. you arrive at a destination and press Save - and it saves the address into your favourites without having to enter the address manually)
Can you do this on the Evoque SatNav?
If so, how?
Thanks
Mark

RE: SatNav - saving locations without entering address - XFullFatTim - 30-09-2013 07:29am

Evoque's system saves the last 10 destinations (it may even be more) automatically so no need to save them manually - to access them you tap "Previous Destinations" on the menu screen and a scrollable list will appear

RE: SatNav - saving locations without entering address - PhilSkill - 30-09-2013 09:37am

I seem to remember having this issue initially, and I think if you touch the centre of the screen when you arrive, you can save the current location. But haven't done it in a long time so may remember incorrectly, but there is definitely a quick way to do it.

RE: SatNav - saving locations without entering address - Donny Dog - 30-09-2013 03:51pm

(30-09-2013 07:29am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Evoque's system saves the last 10 destinations (it may even be more) automatically so no need to save them manually - to access them you tap "Previous Destinations" on the menu screen and a scrollable list will appear

Isn't that just destinations you've originally programmed in? I think the opening post refers to places you go to not using the sat. nav. and then wish to save as a future destination(?).

SatNav - saving locations without entering address - spud218 - 08-11-2014 03:24pm

Yes you can click the button for tagged destinations i think it is (ive done it but cant remember without being in the car, sorry) you then audibly give it a name out loud. Then when wanting to retrieve it say 'go to- tagged destination-and say its name out loud.
Ill look later and update if ive called it the wrong thing Wink