babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
First post. New to LR. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: First post. New to LR. (/Thread-First-post-New-to-LR)

First post. New to LR. - Brklyn - 20-09-2013 04:47pm

Hey all. US member here. Very smitten by the Evoque. Past rides have been an '04 Infiniti g35 coupe, '06 Lexus GS430, '08 BMW 335i. Currently I own a 2011 VW GTI. Amazingly perfect city car. However, here In New York, winters can sometimes be pretty brutal. I wanted something just as small but also with better ground clearance to drive out of being buried in snow.

Found a MB 2012 Dynamic with 16,000 miles with a clean history. Cost is $44,000usd. It seems fully loaded. How can I tell if it has the upgraded surround sound system? Also, what should I check for when I go test drive it. Does this seem like a decent deal?

RE: First post. New to LR. - PhilSkill - 20-09-2013 04:59pm

The upgraded sound system has setup for the surround sound on the touch screen, the more basic has just Trebel\Bass\Balance and fade, if I remember.

RE: First post. New to LR. - gaawd - 20-09-2013 05:15pm

I maybe wrong but I did not think you could get the Dynamic without the upgraded sound system (in NA).

RE: First post. New to LR. - Brklyn - 20-09-2013 08:37pm

(20-09-2013 05:15pm)gaawd Wrote:  I maybe wrong but I did not think you could get the Dynamic without the upgraded sound system (in NA).

Hmm. You may be right. When I visit LR website and build my own Evoque, there is no option available for an upgraded sound system. However, it does not specify in the specs or description whether the Dynamic model has an upgraded sound system or not.

RE: First post. New to LR. - XFullFatTim - 20-09-2013 11:47pm

The best way is to count the speakers............ not forgetting that with the uprated system you have the boombox under the front RHS seat (in UK cars that is the drivers' seat)

RE: First post. New to LR. - Brklyn - 22-09-2013 01:42am

Ok thanks.

RE: First post. New to LR. - speary - 22-09-2013 02:42pm

Tim. You get the sub under the drivers seat with the standard 380w system