babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Windscreen question - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Windscreen question (/Thread-Windscreen-question)

Windscreen question - gruodiz - 18-09-2013 04:02pm

Hello everyone, I searched the forum but didn't find the answer. I have a quick question for those who knows. What are these brighter parts in left and right of the center top of windscreen?

Rain sensor in the center and humidity sensor on the right from the inside
[attachment=3736]

What is that on the right from the outside?
[attachment=3737]

What is that on the left from the inside?
[attachment=3738]

RE: Windscreen question - XFullFatTim - 18-09-2013 04:52pm

Welcome to the forum Gruodiz, I hope this answers your question

In certain markets you need to fit a remote permit reader to pay road tolls, that is where it goes as also often in those markets the solar attenuating windscreen is a standard fit and that will not allow these toll readers to work so need a special clear patch. IIRC for UK spec cars we don't get that clear area even on Solar attentuating screens, but we do get a heated front screen as standard and while that can cause problems for hand held/ portable satnavs it doesn't cause toll readers any problems

RE: Windscreen question - gruodiz - 18-09-2013 05:03pm

Yes it is a solar attenuating windscreen but I wasn't sure what are these for. Does anyone have the one in their Evoque?

RE: Windscreen question - Bowl - 19-09-2013 12:30am

Yes, I have that. But mine are on both sides of the rear view mirror. And like Tim said, that's where my toll transponder goes, otherwise it won't read.

RE: Windscreen question - Mark^^ - 19-09-2013 10:46am

I am in Australia and our windows are exactly like the one in your photos, a small space to the left of all the rain sensing and rear vision mirror for e-TAGS to pay road tolls.

There in lies an issue for us in Australia, LR choose to make GPS an expensive optional extra (around AU$3,500 plus tax) on all models and we also get solar attenuating screens. So for us who don't order the GPS we have to use an external GPS which is almost impossible to get reception through the windscreen.