babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Help with Leather - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Help with Leather (/Thread-Help-with-Leather)

Help with Leather - LHR - 09-09-2013 09:10pm

After some advise. I've ordered a santorini black sd4 Dynamic. I thought for a change from black I'd order Pursuit leather but now worried that I've made the wrong choice. Just wondered if anybody has this colour leather and could give me their views on it. Any comments appreciated. thanks

RE: Help with Leather - PhilSkill - 09-09-2013 11:05pm

Pursuit is a nice design, just keep it treated, and watch out for dark blue jeans! I use gTechniq L1 which claims to stop dye transfer, just keep it topped up regularly, dead easy to apply, spray and buff.

RE: Help with Leather - WB - 10-09-2013 09:01am

(09-09-2013 11:05pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Pursuit is a nice design, just keep it treated, and watch out for dark blue jeans! I use gTechniq L1 which claims to stop dye transfer, just keep it topped up regularly, dead easy to apply, spray and buff.

+1 and Gtechniq W2 (diluted) is great for cleaning any marks off the seats.

RE: Help with Leather - heronb - 10-09-2013 09:14am

(10-09-2013 09:01am)WB Wrote:  +1 and Gtechniq W2 (diluted) is great for cleaning any marks off the seats.

+1 great stuff

RE: Help with Leather - LHR - 10-09-2013 05:50pm

(10-09-2013 09:14am)heronb Wrote:  +1 great stuff

Thank you for all the replies,I will stick with the order, just wanted reassurance that I wasn't making the wrong decision. I use Autoglym leather cleaner and balm at the moment but after the comments I will invest in some Gtechig. Thanks.

RE: Help with Leather - XFullFatTim - 10-09-2013 06:09pm

Even better and a lot less costly than both products above is Gliptone Leather Cleaner
and feed.......... they also sell some really nice "Pine tree" type air fresheners scented with freshly polished leather smell too just to enhance that smell once the polishing and feeding has worn off!

RE: Help with Leather - PhilSkill - 10-09-2013 11:55pm

If you read the bumpf on gTechniq products they say all these leather feeds are not acheiving as the leather is painted to achieve the colour and so what you are doing is adding goo on top of the painted finish rather than treating the leather, gTechniqs treatment is designed for protecting the finished surface and so will stop dye transfer. Thats the bumpf anyway...

RE: Help with Leather - doug - 11-09-2013 10:02am

(10-09-2013 11:55pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  If you read the bumpf on gTechniq products they say all these leather feeds are not acheiving as the leather is painted to achieve the colour and so what you are doing is adding goo on top of the painted finish rather than treating the leather, gTechniqs treatment is designed for protecting the finished surface and so will stop dye transfer. Thats the bumpf anyway...

Yes & this leaves a sticky surface which will attract even more dirt. For new leather I would use a leather sealant. The likes of Gliptone (I do have some of this) is better for older warn leather, where the painted surface of the leather has started to break down.

***all the leather creams, will add a shine to the surface. So if your after that mat factory look only use sealants after wiping away any dirt with a very mild cleaner, allowing the leather to fully dry first***

RE: Help with Leather - WB - 11-09-2013 10:53am

Tim, I have the gliptones and while I rate them I think the Gtechniq works better to protect pale leathers. You'll also be pleasantly surprised to know that it's cheaper than the gliptones too... Gtechniq L1 is a very reasonable £6 and a massive 500ml W2 which will last you ages as you dilute it costs £8.50!

RE: Help with Leather - XFullFatTim - 11-09-2013 08:43pm

Having an Ebony interior I only ever feed/ polish the leather, have never seen any dirt / dye that needs cleaning off!