babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Are your seat's really leather? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Are your seat's really leather? (/Thread-Are-your-seat-s-really-leather)

Are your seat's really leather? - paulw - 03-09-2013 07:10pm

Long story short like most people i just assumed the statement on my build sheet that says leather seats meant leather. But in a random conversation with someone from land rover about the wear & tear on my seats i was told they wear like that because they are plastic not leather.
I've since had them tested turns out they are a polypropylene covering, i have a pure tech so i cant say the prestige and dynamic are the same.
Yes i have spoken to land rover who told me the 3mm strip under the seat is plastic odd the the rest off the seat is the same.

RE: Are your seat's really leather? - XFullFatTim - 03-09-2013 07:58pm

Your Puretech has only got leather seat facings ie the bit you sit on and your back rests against , not the whole of the chair. On my Dynamic Plus the seats are leather faced too, the base is hard plastic and the back of the seat backs is softer plastic

RE: Are your seat's really leather? - paulw - 03-09-2013 08:00pm

i just wish they would state this in there advertising like mercedes do in theirs.

Are your seat's really leather? - MarkA_ - 03-09-2013 08:10pm

They must state *somewhere* that its only part leather otherwise I would imagine they would get done.

RE: Are your seat's really leather? - paulw - 03-09-2013 08:14pm

Ive looked just states leather. Mercedes call theirs artico leather and state its not leather.