babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
GPS - Dynamic avoid traffic - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: GPS - Dynamic avoid traffic (/Thread-GPS-Dynamic-avoid-traffic)

GPS - Dynamic avoid traffic - fergusm - 22-07-2013 10:55pm

On a recent trip the GPS popped up a Dynamic Avoid Traffic message asking me if I wanted a new route about 20 times in 1 hour. It's a big distraction and makes the GPS pretty much useless. How do I turn this off or disable completely?!

RE: GPS - Dynamic avoid traffic - m_101 - 22-07-2013 11:14pm

You go through the options on the sat nav and disable TMC (traffic messages channel) or you can disable the 'adjust route' function separately I think.

RE: GPS - Dynamic avoid traffic - PhilSkill - 22-07-2013 11:31pm

Yes, disable TMC in Nav settings, its a very annoying feature that means you unfortunately often cant use it as it constantly says traffic conditions changed, use new route

RE: GPS - Dynamic avoid traffic - goldenboi79 - 24-07-2013 03:52am

It definitely depends on your route and your city, in terms of how useful the TMC is. I live in Vancouver, and it is absolutely great. Very real-time and has successfully routed me around congestion and construction, and then re-routed me back to the main highways once the congestion has cleared.

RE: GPS - Dynamic avoid traffic - m_101 - 24-07-2013 09:12pm

I think its usefulness is more due to how accurate, up to date, and comprehensive the information sent out over the air is - I tend to look at google maps traffic along my route before I set out if I'm doing a longer trek or going at rush hour.

GPS - Dynamic avoid traffic - Kashim - 31-12-2013 12:53am

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I find RR's sat nav less user friendly than Tom Tom. I mean, why do I have to press 3 extra confirmations when choosing to go to a favourite location? Navteq really needs to improve on their user experience, and the voice activation has greatly improved from the older models but still not perfect.

RE: GPS - Dynamic avoid traffic - XFullFatTim - 03-01-2014 05:02pm

The problem with TMC in the UK is The Highways Agency. They don't update the messages soon enough after a blockage has occurred on a major route which means out of date info is continually being transmitted over the network. In Scotland I hardly ever get any TMC re-routes I do get lots of amber warnings of slow traffic ahead or roadworks where there is slow moving traffic, it's only when I drive south I get lots of useless messages and re-routing I usually disregard.