babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wireless headphones stolen - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Wireless headphones stolen (/Thread-Wireless-headphones-stolen)

Pages: 1 2

Wireless headphones stolen - Rxa - 24-06-2013 10:27am

The wireless headphones which come with the Meridian system were stolen from my Evoque last night. It seems that the car didn't lock when I parked on our street, someone must have noticed that the doors were unlocked and rummaged through the car. I got in the car this morning to find that the glove box was open along with the centre arm rest. Papers strewn across the seats and the iPhone charging cables lying on the floor.

The only reason I can think of for the car not locking is that the bonnet was not shut properly after I refilled the screen washer fluid last night. Does anyone know whether the doors lock if the bonnet is not shut completely?

I am really annoyed as its quite scary to know that someone has been inside my car and that the headphones are gone. Good thing I didn't have any other valuables inside.

Does anyone know the part number for the headphones so that I can order a replacement?

RE: Wireless headphones stolen - LaserTam - 24-06-2013 11:20am

Thats bad news. I have had the same done to my current car (Evoque arriving this week) and we think because we have left the car unlocked. Just a chancer I assume, lifting door handles and seeing what they can find.
This has prompted me to invest in a CCTV system, mainly as a deterent rather than anything else, in readiness for my new arrival.

RE: Wireless headphones stolen - griff - 24-06-2013 05:14pm

normally you get a different chirp from the locking system when something is amiss such as keys inside or something like the bonnet not down properly.

I mistook it for the actual locking confirmation the first time it happened to me.
Really sorry about your theft - never a pleasant feeling.

RE: Wireless headphones stolen - Kojak - 24-06-2013 05:29pm

(24-06-2013 05:14pm)griff Wrote:  normally you get a different chirp from the locking system when something is amiss such as keys inside or something like the bonnet not down properly.

Agree with that ..... It's described as mislocking in the manual I think.

RE: Wireless headphones stolen - The Valeter - 24-06-2013 11:13pm

I have twice in the past come out to find the car unlocked. Not sure if it's a case of pressing the wrong fob button to lock it or touching the unlock button when in the shop or house!

RE: Wireless headphones stolen - XFullFatTim - 25-06-2013 03:22am

Sorry to hear about the theft, one thing though if the thief thinks they are bluetooth headphones they will be sorely disappointed that they only work in another Evoque....... no use with bluetooth devices!

RE: Wireless headphones stolen - Davevx - 25-06-2013 11:50am

They are quite cheap on eBay if you need a replacement

RE: Wireless headphones stolen - Rxa - 25-06-2013 11:54am

Thanks for all the messages guys, I think i'll order a replacement from eBay.

RE: Wireless headphones stolen - PhilSkill - 25-06-2013 01:08pm

Probably end up with your origional set back... Wink

Sorry to hear of your loss, never a nice feeling.

RE: Wireless headphones stolen - jewel-r - 25-06-2013 01:17pm

[qI had uote='Rxa' pid='88177' dateline='1372066073']
The wireless headphones which come with the Meridian system were stolen from my Evoque last night. It seems that the car didn't lock when I parked on our street, someone must have noticed that the doors were unlocked and rummaged through the car. I got in the car this morning to find that the glove box was open along with the centre arm rest. Papers strewn across the seats and the iPhone charging cables lying on the floor.

The only reason I can think of for the car not locking is that the bonnet was not shut properly after I refilled the screen washer fluid last night. Does anyone know whether the doors lock if the bonnet is not shut completely?

I am really annoyed as its quite scary to know that someone has been inside my car and that the headphones are gone. Good thing I didn't have any other valuables inside.

Does anyone know the part number for the headphones so that I can order a replacement?
[/quote]

The same thing happened to me 3months ago, I didnt realise anything was missing till I asked the wife to get the tomtom out of glove box 2 miles down the road. Of course it wasnt there, looked in my armrest to realise my ipod was also missing.

I thought these cars automatically lock themselves if you forget to lock it.

The same thing happened to me 3months ago, I didnt realise anything was missing till I asked the wife to get the tomtom out of glove box 2 miles down the road. Of course it wasnt there, looked in my armrest to realise my ipod was also missing.

I thought these cars automatically lock themselves if you forget to lock it.