babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Where are all the Coupes? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Where are all the Coupes? (/Thread-Where-are-all-the-Coupes)

Pages: 1 2

Where are all the Coupes? - mark_n - 23-06-2013 06:16am

Whenever I see an Evoque on the road, the first thing I check out (other than the credentials of the blonde driving it, if that applies) is whether it's a 3 or 5 door and I'm really struck how few coupes there are.

Originally, LR were forecasting something like 1/3 but my guess is it's less than 10%. Higher price, restricted view and painfully slow rear access seem to have dealt it a bad hand even though the design is truer to the original concept.

Makes me wonder whether it will be dropped from future versions of the Evoque. When it comes down to the cost and complexity of engineering a derivative, they may decide not to bother.

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - Squidly73 - 23-06-2013 07:02am

Nothing is more beautiful than Coupe, it s the real spirit of Range Rover as origin

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - BA74 - 23-06-2013 07:38am

100% agree (with the Coupe comment of course!)...
Would love to know the % mix of Coupe's sold.
I have a 5 door but will be getting a Coupe next time round. They look awesome.

Where are all the Coupes? - chapmac - 23-06-2013 07:49am

I'm guessing 90% of owners just have kids...

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - LaserTam - 23-06-2013 08:16am

Looks great but as said above, totally impractical if the rear seats are used regularly.

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - recordman - 23-06-2013 08:24am

Could be a valuable classic in 30 years

Where are all the Coupes? - Stadt Panzer - 23-06-2013 08:28am

Nothing looks better than a Coupe Evoque and we've got one off spring still at home!

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - XFullFatTim - 23-06-2013 08:36am

Round my area I seem to see more Coupes than 5 doors, maybe it appeals more to the elderly "blue rinse" brigade of ladies who lunch at the local garden centre because I seem to see more of them driving Evoques than families. I know several empty nest couples in our area who have traded in cars like SL500's and big Lexus saloons for an Evoque coupe.

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - jos - 23-06-2013 12:00pm

also here in the Netherlands are most of the evoques
(i guess 75%) 5doors, so the coupe is RARE and much more design-ish

RE: Where are all the Coupes? - oop north - 23-06-2013 02:44pm

According to Autotrader, 115 coupes for sale and 340 five doors. And 1 with two doors, three with four doors and one the seller couldn't decide (unlisted)

So basically 75% five door and 25% coupe though number for sale not necessarily representative - eg, if more coupe owners are selling cos they got fed up of the slow rear accessLaughing