babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Auto Headlamps - Upgradable after purchase - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Auto Headlamps - Upgradable after purchase (/Thread-Auto-Headlamps-Upgradable-after-purchase)

Auto Headlamps - Upgradable after purchase - toddyp - 08-06-2013 04:48am

I have only recently purchased a 2013 Pure Evoque with tech pack. At the time of purchase I did not really think not having auto headlamps would be all that bad however after a week now not having it I really wish that I ticked this option. I am just so use to it because it was a standard feature in my previous vehicle.

Does anybody know if this is a simple upgrade? Is it even possible?

I have found the turn signal switch with auto headlamp option online for a reasonable price however would it be as simple as upgrading the headlamp switch inside of the vehicle. I could not imagine it would involve a lot more than replacing this and maybe a new wiring barnes, but i could be wrong.

RE: Auto Headlamps - Upgradable after purchase - mklam90 - 08-06-2013 07:41am

I don't think you can really retro fit auto lamps, as it needs light sensors for it to work

RE: Auto Headlamps - Upgradable after purchase - XFullFatTim - 08-06-2013 12:51pm

And the auto on system is also conneced to the windscreen wiper system so that after five continuous wipes the system thinks it is raining enough to need headlights instead of just DLR/ Signature lights which inturn also switches on the tail lights!