babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Navigation acknowledgment - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Navigation acknowledgment (/Thread-Navigation-acknowledgment)

Navigation acknowledgment - JPLSU1981 - 18-05-2013 03:28am

The little Nav acknowledgment that says "don't use while driving" is pretty annoying ... Is there any way to permanently turn this off?

I really hate when I try to use voice Nav but it stops the whole process because it hasn't been acknowledged yet

RE: Navigation acknowledgment - Straydox - 18-05-2013 07:26am

That used to drive me nuts - especially as the voice command feature worked so well, my portable Garmin also pops up the nag message too.

I kind of assumed it was a legal requirement but now reflect, given that the Audi never asks that it's an attempt to head off a possible legal challenge along the lines of the manufacturer putting something in the car that could distract the driver....

RE: Navigation acknowledgment - XFullFatTim - 18-05-2013 09:47am

It's an improvement over the original 2005 software that was in the early Disco3's and RRS's where once you were moving you coud not enter a destination or alter it, you had to stop the car. I prefer the present legal warning that disappears when you accept it to not being able to input info on the move. It didn't take long for forum members to find a hack to circumvent it and then Software supplier changed the program!

RE: Navigation acknowledgment - slee18 - 20-05-2013 06:44pm

FYI if you click the Nav button and let it sit there it will go away on its own. After that you can you use the voice controls.