babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque... (/Thread-Now-every-Tom-Dick-and-Harry-is-going-to-make-an-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2

Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque... - XFullFatTim - 01-05-2013 11:36am

According to today's Autocar LR are going to get even stiffer competition now with Audi's Q4 Evoque-a-like, a Citroen DS SUV Evoque-a-like which will doubtless spawn a Peugeot version, a Renault Scenic Evoque-a-like and several others bringing out sharply styled baby SUVs in the next 24 months

RE: Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque... - Wife's car - 01-05-2013 11:58am

Yes but will they have that undefinable character of the Evoque ?

Also known as battery issues, alarm issues, poor panel fit, poor quality control etc.

I don't care because I love my Evoque

RE: Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque... - WB - 01-05-2013 12:40pm

They're all trying but so far none of them has come up with a cohesive design.

Even the Mercedes GLA which looks very promising is an ugly duckling from certain angles.

RE: Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque... - XFullFatTim - 01-05-2013 12:47pm

Here's hoping LR can sort out the few quality and QC problems there are before the most serious completion arrives from the Volkswagen Macan and the Volkswagen Q4

RE: Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque... - Tony - 01-05-2013 01:04pm

(01-05-2013 11:58am)Wifes car Wrote:  Yes but will they have that undefinable character of the Evoque ?

Also known as battery issues, alarm issues, poor panel fit, poor quality control etc.

I don't care because I love my Evoque

+1

Mine is a love hate relationship - mostly hate!

Tony

RE: Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque... - Straydox - 01-05-2013 01:43pm

LR do need to address the quality issue on Evoque - it has been a real thorny issue for them. We had our annual sales conference in Barcelona last week at the nice but eye wateringly expensive W Hotel. As our event ended JLR had a big dealer event starting in the same hotel with all the European regions represented - got talking with a couple of chaps in the bar on the Wednesday night and recounted my Evoque experience i.e. loved the car but the build quality was shameful.

These guys said and I'm leaving their nationality out deliberately that this time last year when LR Halewood couldn't build the cars fast enough that just 1 in 3 cars could fully pass all the QA tests at the end of the production process. Most of the cars got shipped anyway and many (they declined to say how many have subsequently been rejected right across Europe in the last 12 months. They did go on to say that QA is much hotter now and LR have been tough on OEM suppliers so now the vehicle will be a much lower risk proposition.

RE: Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque... - WB - 01-05-2013 02:54pm

(01-05-2013 01:43pm)Straydox Wrote:  LR do need to address the quality issue on Evoque - it has been a real thorny issue for them. We had our annual sales conference in Barcelona last week at the nice but eye wateringly expensive W Hotel. As our event ended JLR had a big dealer event starting in the same hotel with all the European regions represented - got talking with a couple of chaps in the bar on the Wednesday night and recounted my Evoque experience i.e. loved the car but the build quality was shameful.

These guys said and I'm leaving their nationality out deliberately that this time last year when LR Halewood couldn't build the cars fast enough that just 1 in 3 cars could fully pass all the QA tests at the end of the production process. Most of the cars got shipped anyway and many (they declined to say how many have subsequently been rejected right across Europe in the last 12 months. They did go on to say that QA is much hotter now and LR have been tough on OEM suppliers so now the vehicle will be a much lower risk proposition.

I've heard about various suppliers being put under pressure by LR but from what we've all seen on the forum its the factory QC that still churns out cars with visible issues... when the factory where overwhelmed with demand at the launch I could understand some issues but a year and a half later there is just no excuse especially when LR have put prices up 2 or 3 times...

RE: Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque... - XFullFatTim - 01-05-2013 04:02pm

Maybe ordering a car for launch day was not so daft as I thought it might as mine has, apart from a couple of rattles that seem to move around the interior and door seals that were subsequently deemed unacceptable but had already been redesigned, has mainly suffered software problems and if my brother's experience with a new Audi A5 and my brother-in-law's hassles with his two BMW M3's ( both rejected and money returned, one -my sster's was replaced with a totally fault free year old RRS and his one with a 320td Touring which he ad been given as a loaner while the M3 was in the service bay and which continues to have software issues now and again......) I don't think LR is alone in having electronics/ computerisation issues.

RE: Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque... - LaserTam - 01-05-2013 05:13pm

Hi all. I have just signed up, so my first post.
I have just ordered my first LR, expecting delivery mid July hopefully.
Its interesting reading the comments and view on build quality and I wonder if LR is particularly worse than other brands of similar stature? I have been a Ford owner (with few issues on the 2 new vehicles I have owned) and I have a TVR which I have owned from new, so when you talk about build quality, then I have some stories.
That said I have had very few issues with the TVR, despite the Top Gear rhetoric that gets spurted about. Real issue was that their first customers of a new model were their road testers. Issues identified and pushed back into the manufacturing line (I say line, it was a few large sheds in Blackpool)
Maybe to a degree this has been the case with the Evoque, and hopefully they have resolved many of the issues. I will let you know by early Aug Wink

RE: Now every Tom,Dick and Harry is going to make an Evoque... - Kojak - 01-05-2013 08:29pm

As far as I'm concerned there is the
Kia Qashqui rav4 zoom zoom Q3 in titanium spec Very Happy
and there is The Evoque