babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Coilovers - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Coilovers (/Thread-Coilovers)

Coilovers - GibEvoque - 01-05-2013 08:22am

I know this isn't eveyones cup of tea Twisted Evil, but for us urban cruisers, it may be something we look into.

I have seen these:

Bilstein coilovers

Has anyone got any experience of these or similar, seen a few go for the 30mm springs, but this gives a little more of a drop upto 50mm, which I think would look a little better on my 20" style 7s, along with some spacers, it would have an aggressive stance. I don't mind firming the ride up a little, but worried about it becoming crashy.

RE: Coilovers - XFullFatTim - 01-05-2013 01:25pm

Won't they stick out beyond the wheel arches with spacers? In which case won't you end up with damaged arches?

RE: Coilovers - donot521 - 01-05-2013 03:19pm

Bilstein makes excellent coilover
If you want to low your car...coilover is the way to go

RE: Coilovers - scrannel - 01-05-2013 03:22pm

I suspect if you have magnetic suspension this could be a difficult conversion, in fact, a reversion, if you will.

RE: Coilovers - GibEvoque - 01-05-2013 04:36pm

Weirdly on euro spec dynamics AD was an option, I didn't bother at the time as budget wouldn't allow for it, but now I can afford to upgrade suspension, but trying to decide if its worth it, as I don't want to destroy it. I have a mk1 golf on coilovers (dropped 90mm) , but its such a different car not really worth comparing.
(01-05-2013 01:25pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Won't they stick out beyond the wheel arches with spacers? In which case won't you end up with damaged arches?

Actually there is around 20-25mm each side before they begin to protrude, so was just going to make level with arch trim with 20mm on each side. H&R and Eibach both have kits.

RE: Coilovers - GibEvoque - 05-05-2013 08:21am

KW also have their version out now:

KW coilovers