babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Changed my order - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Changed my order (/Thread-Changed-my-order)

Pages: 1 2

Changed my order - vision*R - 13-08-2011 07:23pm

It's not easy to order an Evoque in Belgium...

I placed my order for the eD4 version in January. At that time, they told me the car would be delivered in October as I was one of the first to order. A couple of weeks later, it became clear that LR would not produce the eD4 until December, so mine would be delivered in December. Now they're preparing me for a delivery in January or even later. But they can't do the input of the order yet so it's all a big mystery. They convinced me that the TD4 would be delivered earlier, so I switched... but still no order confirmation, no build date, no delivery date.

My dealer's explanation is the following. All they've reserved until now are build slots. But the number of slots is not fixed, it depends on sales. There was some kind of target of 600 vehicles for Belgium, which they've achieved just now, so they're now in a better position and they will get more build slots (not sure how they'll achieve that, I'm thinking all countries will want extra slots considering the exceptional sales all over the world?). So there's a list of 600 orders and God knows how many build slots exactly. They say none of the Belgian orders are fixed to a build slot yet. I'll have to wait until this happens to know actual dates, but they don't know when it will be decided. Does this sound plausible to you guys? Isn't this a little too much incertainty at a time when production has started and the first cars are being prepared for delivery?

So far no complaints about my dealer by the way. They're helpful and I understand they're also depending on information from other sources. I tend to believe them but it's still a strange way of working. I'm now paying an extra € 1800 for the TD4 (I don't really need the 4x4) just to get an earlier build date (there are financial benefits when I have it in 2011) so I really hope the extra money was well spent, otherwise I'll feel tricked into something I didn't really need. You should feel lucky in the UK!

RE: Changed my order - vision*R - 14-08-2011 12:48pm

By the way, if someone has a November / December delivery date, when is your build date / locked order date?
I'm trying to figure out when the dealers should fix their orders.

RE: Changed my order - griff - 14-08-2011 12:55pm

I've been told my build date is circa 21st Oct with delivery on or about 2nd Nov.
I don't know my cut off point - still trying to find out but I'm getting twitchy about that as I want to change my spec.

RE: Changed my order - paulus599 - 14-08-2011 01:52pm

My build and delivery dates are virtually identical to Griff's, not sure when the order will be locked in, but I think it's very immanent.

RE: Changed my order - MW73 - 14-08-2011 02:25pm

What are you changing Griff?

RE: Changed my order - XFullFatTim - 14-08-2011 02:50pm

From previous experiences of buying Land/Range Rovers that were factory orders I could change up to 4 days before production.
BUT Evoque is selling in such huge numbers and there is a waiting list that I'm sure some dealerships will play on that and tell you it isn't possible to change anything, I think you would be advised to make changes as soon as possible and not leave it too long

RE: Changed my order - griff - 15-08-2011 11:14am

(14-08-2011 02:25pm)MW73 Wrote:  What are you changing Griff?
Thinking of taking out the keyless locking as the car has remote start and I have specified the electric tailgate. Adding surround cameras as a lot of comment has been made of poor view.

RE: Changed my order - XFullFatTim - 15-08-2011 11:46am

Is it vision for parking or in traffic you are worried about Griff - LR has a version of Volvo's BLIS available as an option on the Evoque for warning you about things in the blind spots

RE: Changed my order - griff - 15-08-2011 12:46pm

Ive opted for blind spot monitoring, a first for me as the view out of the rear of the coupe is restricted.
My call for the cameras is that as I live in the sticks i quite often end up in narrow spaces and cameras would be useful.
I suppose the thing that swung it for me is that the CAR magazine report said that because the wing mirrors were so big you get quite a blind spot ahead and down either side.

RE: Changed my order - Daigriff - 15-08-2011 03:01pm

(14-08-2011 12:55pm)griff Wrote:  I've been told my build date is circa 21st Oct with delivery on or about 2nd Nov.
I don't know my cut off point - still trying to find out but I'm getting twitchy about that as I want to change my spec.

Your build and delivery dates are the same as mine. Just spoken to dealer today to change from a manual to auto gearbox on SD4 Prestige. He said that it would delay delivery by about a month.

Does that sound right?