babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Headlights/ DRL staying on after locking? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Headlights/ DRL staying on after locking? (/Thread-Headlights-DRL-staying-on-after-locking)

Pages: 1 2

Headlights/ DRL staying on after locking? - mklam90 - 26-04-2013 01:09pm

Hi all

I've just took delivery of my Evoque today and was wondering if the headlights or DRL can be set to stay on after locking the car? I know that the DRL stay on after unlocking the car, I'm just wondering if they could do the same vice versa, thanks!

RE: Headlights/ DRL staying on after locking? - PhilSkill - 26-04-2013 01:11pm

I think there is a "see me home" delay type option in the menus between the dials accessed from the steering wheel.

RE: Headlights/ DRL staying on after locking? - KaDargo - 26-04-2013 01:16pm

(26-04-2013 01:11pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I think there is a "see me home" delay type option in the menus between the dials accessed from the steering wheel.

There is an option (with variable time) but it only works when lights are on 'Auto'

RE: Headlights/ DRL staying on after locking? - mklam90 - 26-04-2013 01:26pm

Yes, I've set that option on for 30 seconds, though straight after locking the car, all the lights just gone off

RE: Headlights/ DRL staying on after locking? - PhilSkill - 26-04-2013 02:00pm

Yes I notice if the light switch is on Auto the DRL's and Rears stay on till you lock, wheres on Manual they go out immediately, so guess this is it you need the Stalk light control set to Auto for see me home.

RE: Headlights/ DRL staying on after locking? - KaDargo - 26-04-2013 02:00pm

(26-04-2013 01:26pm)mklam90 Wrote:  Yes, I've set that option on for 30 seconds, though straight after locking the car, all the lights just gone off

Are the lights et to auto?

RE: Headlights/ DRL staying on after locking? - mklam90 - 26-04-2013 02:19pm

Sorry guys, my bad, I think I got it sorted. It was set at 30 seconds, I think I might have waited too long till I actually locked it, hence the time run out. I've just tried to locked it immediately after turning the engine off, the lights stayed on Smile

RE: Headlights/ DRL staying on after locking? - XFullFatTim - 28-04-2013 11:32am

Did you know you can also set the reversing lights to stay on instead of the headlights? Useful if you have to reverse park on your drive.

RE: Headlights/ DRL staying on after locking? - mklam90 - 28-04-2013 12:30pm

(28-04-2013 11:32am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Did you know you can also set the reversing lights to stay on instead of the headlights? Useful if you have to reverse park on your drive.

Is there any ways to set the signature DRL, instead of the main headlights to stay on after locking?

RE: Headlights/ DRL staying on after locking? - XFullFatTim - 28-04-2013 12:59pm

Simply , no there isn't.