babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Radio/CD Turns off after 5 minutes. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Radio/CD Turns off after 5 minutes. (/Thread-Radio-CD-Turns-off-after-5-minutes)

Radio/CD Turns off after 5 minutes. - IvorRedOne - 19-04-2013 07:48pm

Guys, is there a way of increasing the time before the ignition shuts down whilst listening to Radio/CD when engine isn't running? I only get about 5 minutes before the ignition turns off and I have to keep pressing the start button. If anyone can throw me a bone here please. Thanks.
Never mind, found the answer in another post.

RE: Radio/CD Turns off after 5 minutes. - rchrdleigh - 19-04-2013 09:13pm

Simple answer No, it shuts down to prevent battery drain when the engine is not running.

RE: Radio/CD Turns off after 5 minutes. - XFullFatTim - 19-04-2013 10:51pm

I have noticed that since I have had the latest BMS software upgrade on mine that now I get the powering down after 5 minutes BUT previously I could not restart the radio without a warning and then running the engine. Since the BMS software change no warning and no need to start the engine to listen to the radio either - it still goes off 5 minutes after the 2nd powering up though.

RE: Radio/CD Turns off after 5 minutes. - scrannel - 20-04-2013 12:22am

Hmmm... this is a typical CANBUS system trying to keep you from hammering your battery.