babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Service Due - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Service Due (/Thread-Service-Due)

Service Due - KaDargo - 11-04-2013 12:43pm

Just had an email from the 'After Sales Manager' reminding me my service is due at the end of the month.

This is the first contact (email, phone, pigeon) I have had from them since driving off the forecourt a year ago - is this normal behaviour, or do the 'good' dealers keep in contact, see how things are going etc?

Or is this what 'aftersales' is all about ?Confused

RE: Service Due - XFullFatTim - 11-04-2013 12:51pm

It's quite normal, however depends very much on the dealership/ service outlet. The dealer and both service outlets I have used in the last 10 years have always in contact with emails and snail mailings throughout the year, not just at service time. It is disappointing that dealerships don't seem to want to see hide nor hair of the owner until such time as they are looking for more money out of them. I know from personnal experience, that both the local Audi and BMW/ Mini dealerships don't bother their backside to do any after sales follow-up, but the local Honda, Peugeot, Renault, Nissan and Citroen all keep in contact with owners as members of my family all get stacks of contact from them.

RE: Service Due - KaDargo - 11-04-2013 01:12pm

(11-04-2013 12:51pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It's quite normal, however depends very much on the dealership/ service outlet. The dealer and both service outlets I have used in the last 10 years have always in contact with emails and snail mailings throughout the year, not just at service time. It is disappointing that dealerships don't seem to want to see hide nor hair of the owner until such time as they are looking for more money out of them. I know from personnal experience, that both the local Audi and BMW/ Mini dealerships don't bother their backside to do any after sales follow-up, but the local Honda, Peugeot, Renault, Nissan and Citroen all keep in contact with owners as members of my family all get stacks of contact from them.

Is it just the 'cheaper' brands that do this seems to be

I previously had a Ford and they contacted me quite often

RE: Service Due - PhilSkill - 11-04-2013 02:29pm

Do you want them to contact you? At the end of the day they are a sales outlet and thier mission is to take money off you in exchange for goods and service... I had a single phone call after 2 months to check all was well, which it was, and other than occasional flyers of "trade your RR for top price" and the service noticifation, that's been it and that's as much as I want.

Volvo on the other hand constantly e-mail, sends flyers, text, and are obviously desperate to sell cars or get you in the showroom...

RE: Service Due - KaDargo - 11-04-2013 03:12pm

(11-04-2013 02:29pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Do you want them to contact you? At the end of the day they are a sales outlet and thier mission is to take money off you in exchange for goods and service... I had a single phone call after 2 months to check all was well, which it was, and other than occasional flyers of "trade your RR for top price" and the service noticifation, that's been it and that's as much as I want.

Volvo on the other hand constantly e-mail, sends flyers, text, and are obviously desperate to sell cars or get you in the showroom...

I didn't even get that phone call !!

RE: Service Due - XFullFatTim - 11-04-2013 03:36pm

Don't worry, neither did I!

RE: Service Due - PhilSkill - 11-04-2013 04:54pm

It's xxx, Just calling to check everything ok with your new Evoque?
- Yes it is,
Enjoying it?
- Yes
That's good Bye...
- Bye

Laughing You're not missing much Kadargo, obviously a dealer required procedure for the sales staff.