babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
London Shows......... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: London Shows......... (/Thread-London-Shows)

Pages: 1 2

London Shows......... - XFullFatTim - 10-04-2013 10:21pm

I'm going to be in London for a week and fancy taking in one of the big name shows while I'm there ..................... but there are so many to choose from, any recommendations?

RE: London Shows......... - ChuckieB - 10-04-2013 10:25pm

Matilda? Haven't seen it and not an obvious choice but I hear some great stuff from those who have seen it.

RE: London Shows......... - Daigriff - 10-04-2013 11:45pm

Jersey Boys...absolutely fantastic and I'm not a musical or theatre going person Tim.

Great music, superb story and actually very funny.

RE: London Shows......... - ogpurestyle - 11-04-2013 08:46am

Warhorse......may be difficult to get tickets but well worth seeing !

RE: London Shows......... - cutter7 - 11-04-2013 09:42am

Try this place Tim if your looking for obscenely decadent late night fun!

THE BOX
11-12 Walkers Court
London W1F 0ED
Soho

The Box is over the top London at its finest. It's part night-club, part Burlesque show and part weird sex performance theatre. Go with an open mind, a full wallet, and a willingness to drink heavily and you will have a rocking time. Yes you will see lots of oiled up naked women dancing above bathtubs, pre-op transvestites doing unmentionables with bottles of champagnes, and perhaps a royal or two.

The Box is somewhere between ridiculously and absurd for a table on a weekend night. However, this gets you into a jumping venue with a great dj and of course multiple live "performances." The happening and surprisingly friendly crowd is definitely willing to party and dance the night away.

My tip, try not to get a front row table for the performances---its just like the "splash zone" at Seaworld, only here there is a very good chance you will either get covered in baby powder cocaine or soiled with back-washed champagne that came out of a non-mouth orifice---yeah, don't ask! Laughing

RE: London Shows......... - XFullFatTim - 11-04-2013 09:51am

I'm sure SWMBO will be totally impressed if I took her there Cutter, maybe a place for the "boys night out" type scenario! She wasn't impressed with a visit to various clubs on the Reiperbahn in Hamburg when she asked me to take her to see the nighttime sights of that fine city..............

RE: London Shows......... - CSJ - 11-04-2013 12:29pm

Rowan Atkinson is superb in Quartermaines Terms if you fancy something a bit more serious or there is always Mama Mia if you want something light to make you smile

RE: London Shows......... - recordman - 11-04-2013 01:15pm

Hey Cutter, I bet The Box gets packed out on Mothers' Day. Sounds like a great place to take my mum out for a treat.Laughing

London Shows......... - cutter7 - 11-04-2013 04:59pm

The women love it..especially the bare chested dwarf waiters!.

RE: London Shows......... - KaDargo - 11-04-2013 05:15pm

(11-04-2013 04:59pm)cutter7 Wrote:  The women love it..especially the bare chested dwarf waiters!.

Is that where they film Game of Thrones? Laughing