babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear camera - worth having? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Rear camera - worth having? (/Thread-Rear-camera-worth-having)

Pages: 1 2

Rear camera - worth having? - j7david - 12-08-2011 04:41pm

Worth adding to a Pure for £300? I've never had a car with a camera.

I presume it shows what's behind the car when you're reversing (and isn't ONLY for hitching guidance) -- is that correct?

RE: Rear camera - worth having? - defender_uk - 12-08-2011 04:48pm

(12-08-2011 04:41pm)j7david Wrote:  Worth adding to a Pure for £300? I've never had a car with a camera.

I presume it shows what's behind the car when you're reversing (and isn't ONLY for hitching guidance) -- is that correct?

well worth having. And not just for towing purposes. Very useful and very clear.

RE: Rear camera - worth having? - XFullFatTim - 12-08-2011 05:28pm

agree with defender, I have one on my FFRR, 1st car with it and now cannot live without it and I don't have tow assist on the FFRR but I also have more dents in the back of my FF than any other car I have owned...............EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

RE: Rear camera - worth having? - mark_n - 14-08-2011 04:34pm

If there's one think which worries me about the car, it's the rear visibility when working in tight spaces and the camera will help a lot. I've actually gone for the multiple camera option because I will have only a few inches either side as I thread it through my garage doors, fine once I'm in.

People say this is a small car - maybe so compared to an FFRR or RRS but it is certainly quite wide, and I expect we will see a few battle scarred Evoques whose bumpers are scuffed and door mirrors damaged. I think the retractable door mirror option (and option set to retract them on parking the car) will also be useful. That, BTW, is another of those dealer set options. Can't understand it.

RE: Rear camera - worth having? - caroline11000 - 14-08-2011 04:50pm

I have just added the rear camera to my order.

RE: Rear camera - worth having? - evoqueboy - 14-08-2011 05:13pm

I didn't add this and as my order is now locked in can a camera be added once I take delivery?

RE: Rear camera - worth having? - defender_uk - 14-08-2011 05:18pm

(14-08-2011 05:13pm)evoqueboy Wrote:  I didn't add this and as my order is now locked in can a camera be added once I take delivery?

I would be surprised if it could...it is completely built in and integral to the SatNav screen

RE: Rear camera - worth having? - ED209 - 14-08-2011 05:26pm

We have one in the girlfriends Juke, it works fairly well to be honest. Apart from when i reverse with the boot open and cannot work out why all i can see in the screen is the sky!!

RE: Rear camera - worth having? - cjfp - 14-08-2011 05:31pm

Laughing
(14-08-2011 05:26pm)ED209 Wrote:  We have one in the girlfriends Juke, it works fairly well to be honest. Apart from when i reverse with the boot open and cannot work out why all i can see in the screen is the sky!!

LaughingRolling Eyes

RE: Rear camera - worth having? - j7david - 15-08-2011 06:43pm

Well I've gone ahead and added it, and my EDD has moved four days closer! Smile