babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
What car did you have before your Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: What car did you have before your Evoque (/Thread-What-car-did-you-have-before-your-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - benzina - 20-04-2013 01:45am

(20-04-2013 12:13am)gw76 Wrote:  The Dynamic is just as bad....Confused

No, she meant it did'nt have AD (Adaptive Dynamics suspension system). I have Adaptive Dynamics, and it makes all the difference....A simply superb ride, and this is a relatively short wheelbase car too.

P.S. Great to hear from you Evoqess, and good to see your enjoying the your Golf...the new version Golf has hit another high note, and is getting heaps of praise.

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - ED209 - 20-04-2013 05:21pm

(20-04-2013 01:45am)benzina Wrote:  No, she meant it did'nt have AD (Adaptive Dynamics suspension system). I have Adaptive Dynamics, and it makes all the difference....A simply superb ride, and this is a relatively short wheelbase car too.

P.S. Great to hear from you Evoqess, and good to see your enjoying the your Golf...the new version Golf has hit another high note, and is getting heaps of praise.

Apart from the new golf gti isnt out yet so it must be a mk6 evoqess has.

The brochure is ok though, looks good but will undoubtedly be over priced. Link to it here.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=86&t=1275342&mid=29150&nmt=Golf+MK7+GTI+Brochure++

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - gw76 - 21-04-2013 05:23pm

Mine has it. The adaptive dynamics is standard on all Dynamics in UK, those living abroad obviously need to chose.

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - speary - 22-04-2013 08:27am

Rolly polly ride on any Evoque, get real. In its class it is by far the best riding and handling car with very little roll compared to its peers. If you want a flatter harder ride then get a hot hatch / coupe or similar like Evoquess

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - PhilSkill - 22-04-2013 08:38am

+1, a race car this is not... A damn good small SUV with excellent off road capability it is!

I wonder how high the COG is in the Evoque...

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - XFullFatTim - 22-04-2013 09:22am

Try this in a Golf GTi, or a BMW X1/X3/X5 and yet still have good ride on the road
[Image: file_zpsd54fee19.jpg]

The car you can see just behind me is a Freelander2. Evoque and F2 have to have a compromise to be a Land Rover otherwise they wouldn't be able to do the above. BMW/VW/Audi etc decided not to compromise ON road handling with their SUVs and made them really uncomfortable both on and offroad just so they don't lean over in corners, LR have chosen to compromise their onroad handling a bit because they made their cars more offroad capable.

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - Madam Fuji - 23-04-2013 07:15pm

Hi, just joined . My Evoque ( Prestige, Fuji, Pano roof, H/SW, PG) is on order, due in 8 weeks, all being well. Exchanging an FR2 HSE Lux. Had a FR2 HSE previously. Very Happy

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - speary - 24-04-2013 08:10am

(23-04-2013 07:15pm)Madam Fuji Wrote:  Hi, just joined . My Evoque ( Prestige, Fuji, Pano roof, H/SW, PG) is on order, due in 8 weeks, all being well. Exchanging an FR2 HSE Lux. Had a FR2 HSE previously. Very Happy

You will notice a big difference in the handling from your Freelander. When my brother (FL2) travelled in my Evoque he commented on the better ride and lack of body roll and pitch

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - Madam Fuji - 24-04-2013 03:31pm

(24-04-2013 08:10am)speary Wrote:  You will notice a big difference in the handling from your Freelander. When my brother (FL2) travelled in my Evoque he commented on the better ride and lack of body roll and pitch

Hi, Speary,

Loved my Freelanders, and my latest is just weeks old! Not wishing to sound like a spoiled brat, it had to go in to get the DAB radio sorted, and I was given A RRE- fell in love in a heartbeat!! So exchanging it! Twisted Evil

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - XFullFatTim - 24-04-2013 03:44pm

A lady after my own heart! I took a last generation Range Rover in for its annual service at 12 months old, saw a Giverny Green with Aspen and Parchment interior Range Rover Sport TDv6SE on the dealers showroom floor wrapped up in a sheet ready for the model launch party that evening and drove home in it 5 days later!