babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
What car did you have before your Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: What car did you have before your Evoque (/Thread-What-car-did-you-have-before-your-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - tetstb - 09-03-2013 10:49am

Audi A6 2.7 TDi multitronic LeMans edition, loved it, rattle and trouble free 47K miles over 3 years, should have kept it as I miss the smooth and refined V6 TDI engine. My sights are on the same car with the bi-turbo engine as soon as I can ditch my Evoque.

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - tash - 09-03-2013 04:35pm

(09-03-2013 10:49am)tetstb Wrote:  Audi A6 2.7 TDi multitronic LeMans edition, loved it, rattle and trouble free 47K miles over 3 years, should have kept it as I miss the smooth and refined V6 TDI engine. My sights are on the same car with the bi-turbo engine as soon as I can ditch my Evoque.

Had a loan A5 2.0tdi sport back sline while waiting for evoque, wish had kept it.

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - tetstb - 09-03-2013 05:28pm

(09-03-2013 04:35pm)tash Wrote:  Had a loan A5 2.0tdi sport back sline while waiting for evoque, wish had kept it.

My Mrs had an A5 coupe at the same time I had my A6 and although it was a girlie colour and spec, it was a nice bit of kit. I wish we I had stayed with the germans like she did with her E-class.

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - lesdon499 - 09-03-2013 10:08pm

I had a BMW X3 for 5 years, never let me down. Have had my Evoque for 1 year, 2900 miles and have been let down with battery issues 4 times! Off to dealership this week and will see how this goes!

Seriously hacked off!

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - XFullFatTim - 10-03-2013 12:56pm

Lesdon my Evoque was in the dealers on Friday for a check over after 2 flat batteries recently, the local dealership in Stirling are excellent but I have queried with LRCS why what I consider to be a serious issue took them only 4 hours to "fix". It had a replacement battery fitted by LRE in February after the 2nd flattening incident and I wonder if I have one of the new type of batteries now.

My allegiance to the marque is now seriously dented after 16 years and 8 previous LR products that were totally reliable. LR will have to do a huge amount of faith restoring to assure me that any new LR product I might purchase will not suffer the same issue. 2010 MY RRS and FFRR suffered terrible battery problems that LR refused to acknowledge existed until LRA had an inordinate number of call outs to new cars that were stranded that they had to have a confidence inspiring fix for owners to persuade them to keep their cars. I love my Evoque BUT LR seems to believe that some of the fancy systems they have built into it are the bees knees - well they aren't and LR needs to acknowledge that they got some things wrong - electrics being one, fuel economy being another. In the next few weeks I will be visiting the local Audi dealership to see what is on offer there. I have to have a car that I know will not flatten its battery after 3 weeks sat on the drive, none of my previous Land Rovers has done it, why does my Evoque do it?

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - tetstb - 10-03-2013 01:54pm

My Evoque is my first and last LR product, sure its a nice looking car but my build quality is shocking and the attitude of the dealers is that it is just a Land Rover thing and I should just suck it up. I am driving my Wife's E350 Merc at the moment which was slightly cheaper than the Evoque but the difference in build quality is vast.

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - ian964 - 11-03-2013 04:18pm

Defender 110 XS SW (Puma) - loved it, but after 3 years I fancied a bit of comfort!

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - Daigriff - 11-03-2013 06:47pm

Toyota Landcruiser a real beast and bulletproof motoring. Obviously not a drivers car hence the change.
Really cheap to service and fantastic dealership locally..lR could learn a thing or to.
Am not a convert to LR yet time will tell.

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - Evofirenze - 12-03-2013 11:17am

I drove a beast: VW Touareg V8 4.2, still miss that torque and V8 sound.

What car did you have before your Evoque - Filski - 12-03-2013 12:57pm

17yr old Mazda 121 which was garaged while living in the UK, no resale value but reliable. It'll live on the street for now.