babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Build delays on new orders which include panoramic roof! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Build delays on new orders which include panoramic roof! (/Thread-Build-delays-on-new-orders-which-include-panoramic-roof)

Pages: 1 2

Build delays on new orders which include panoramic roof! - caroline11000 - 10-08-2011 09:55am

Went to my dealers yesterday to make a change on my order which they did no problem without altering my build date, but they did say that adding a panoramic roof to an existing order now or on any new orders would delay build time for some reason! He said it wouldn't affect mine as I added the pan roof when I first placed the order. Has anyone heard anything about this or what is the problem with getting the pan roof?

RE: Build delays on new orders which include panoramic roof! - XFullFatTim - 10-08-2011 10:51am

I believe the reason is that so many RRE's have been specced with the Panoramic roof that the roof makers is having problems supplying them. I'm sure it was posted on here not so long ago

RE: Build delays on new orders which include panoramic roof! - mark_n - 10-08-2011 04:05pm

The glass roof is made in China and as FFT says, someone will have waved a wet finger to come up with a forecast. As seems likely they got it wrong, there will be a significant delay in getting the supply increased.

RE: Build delays on new orders which include panoramic roof! - vision*R - 10-08-2011 04:14pm

My dealer told me the price of the pano roof will soon be upped by 25% or more for all new orders.
I was told I could still add it to my existing order without extra cost and without a delay.

RE: Build delays on new orders which include panoramic roof! - XFullFatTim - 10-08-2011 04:22pm

That will be because all the motoring press have said it is essential to have it on Coupes, nice way to drum up business! It will keep my company in work too, shipping the containerloads of them back from China!

RE: Build delays on new orders which include panoramic roof! - ant - 10-08-2011 05:07pm

Completey off topic, but Tim, will you be changing your sig from FullFatTim to EvoqueSlimTim next month by any chance???
ANT
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

RE: Build delays on new orders which include panoramic roof! - ant - 10-08-2011 05:07pm

Completey off topic, but Tim, will you be changing your sig from FullFatTim to EvoqueSlimTim next month by any chance???
ANT

RE: Build delays on new orders which include panoramic roof! - DynamicRRV - 10-08-2011 05:26pm

Lol

RE: Build delays on new orders which include panoramic roof! - XFullFatTim - 10-08-2011 05:52pm

Ant you need to get a better smartphone............. or iPad.

I have another name in reserve, just that I would loose my post count!

RE: Build delays on new orders which include panoramic roof! - Charlie - 10-08-2011 07:35pm

Or your place as 4th member on the list!