babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Ordered My New Evoque. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Ordered My New Evoque. (/Thread-Ordered-My-New-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2

Ordered My New Evoque. - The Valeter - 12-01-2013 12:26am

I really love my present Evoque but the dealer has offered be a very strong PX price against a new one & will hold it till the new one arrives. My present car was on a 5 year PCP deal & by late March there will be 4 years left - the new car is on a 4 year deal with lower monthly payments, I won't have to fork out for the service & tax renewal.

Any way I have ordered a Pure Tech 5 door manual in Barollo Black & Cirrus Interior with Cirrus Headlining then with the following options :-

(Tech Pack),
Panoramic Roof,
Xenon Headlamps,
Powerfold Mirrors etc,
Rear Camera,
Front Fog Lights,
Privacy Glass,
Auto Dip Mirror,
825W Meridian System,
All Round Mud Flaps.

Additional items/requests :-

Black Dynamic Front Grill,
Style 7 Shaddow Chrome alloys (purchasing from Ebay seller then taking to dealer for them to fit & then put the 18"s from car up for sale),
On the Pure you can't have any other dash finisher than the boring aluminium. I said I won't buy the car unless it can be changed to Gloss Black Strata as in my Dynamic - So I will be having the GBS in my Pure Wink

I will be having some colour coding done too & this will consist of the "Upside down U shaped" areas on the front + rear bumpers done in Firenze Red, the tailgate strip finisher / vent trims & lower body trim finisher (bottom of doors) also done in Firenze Red & then the sump gaurd/rear diffuser coded in Barollo Black.

I may have the door trim inserts trimmed in Black Alcantara. The dealer has a very good trimmer they use. I have seen their work on some GS model Freelanders they had trimmed in full leather & the finish was as good as any factory trim.

A Second option is the dealer has a pair of unused Santorini Dynamic bumpers which they would swap for my Pure ones but I would have to buy then paint the lower door finishers & sill trims & if the car order can't be changed to Santorini then these bumpers would have to be painted Barollo. I wouls also need a new exhaust rear part which is a little pricey. If they can do a near swap for my exhaust for theirs I may possibly go this route though the salesman recons the original idea of the Barollo & colour coding would actally look very striking!

Either way the car should be at the dealer at the very end of February & the sales manager said to me today he would organise & pay for us to go & see it on the production line at Halewood Very Happy

I am extreemly happy with my dealer in every way, sales, service etc have all been excellent. The dealer is Harwoods in Edenbridge, Kent so if you are local & want to buy a new car their sales & service is the best I have ever had so feel free to quote what I have said & see for yourself!!

RE: Ordered My New Evoque. - Amadeus - 13-01-2013 12:30am

The black 5 door Pure looks so good to start with so can't wait to see your finished product! Guess they can do any spec if you want - this is nice if one didn't want too much green!

RE: Ordered My New Evoque. - The Valeter - 13-01-2013 01:05am

(13-01-2013 12:30am)Amadeus Wrote:  The black 5 door Pure looks so good to start with so can't wait to see your finished product! Guess they can do any spec if you want - this is nice if one didn't want too much green!

I would say that is a Coloma Lime Dynamic by the looks of the seats & then wrapped.

Ordered My New Evoque. - Jai - 13-01-2013 03:54am

Yeah that is either a white vinyl wrap or a bloody cheap respray. I'd think the former

RE: Ordered My New Evoque. - J77 - 13-01-2013 03:49pm

Sounds good. I've never understood why us pure owners couldn't get anything other than the aluminium trim finisher. My next one will be Havana with almond interior and I will be asking for the maccaser wood finisher.

RE: Ordered My New Evoque. - IKM - 13-01-2013 03:59pm

I never realised that a PCP was so flexible. That being the case I may now consider one next time I change vehicle. Your dealer appears first class on service and flexibility.

RE: Ordered My New Evoque. - The Valeter - 13-01-2013 05:52pm

(13-01-2013 03:49pm)J77 Wrote:  Sounds good. I've never understood why us pure owners couldn't get anything other than the aluminium trim finisher. My next one will be Havana with almond interior and I will be asking for the maccaser wood finisher.

The factory won't fit the finisher as I have been dealing with Nick/Liam so I said to the dealer I would pay the £200 upgrade that it would cost on a Dynamic option & not a penny more. They have to take the top of the dash off to swap them over but they agreed to do it.

They also offer a service called Garnish Dip where you can have all sorts of solid bits of interior/exterior trim coloured in things like carbon fibre effect etc. It is a dipping service & not a wrap though not cheap. They had a Range Rover Spoert that had this done to it's wheels as in carbon fibre effect.

RE: Ordered My New Evoque. - J77 - 13-01-2013 06:37pm

May look into having my current one changed, it's £82+VAT for the dark grey oak trim finisher from duckworths.

RE: Ordered My New Evoque. - The Valeter - 13-01-2013 06:56pm

(13-01-2013 06:37pm)J77 Wrote:  May look into having my current one changed, it's £82+VAT for the dark grey oak trim finisher from duckworths.

I think I am being charged £38 for the large trim & £16 for the bit around the start button but I'm not sure if that includes VAT - probably not.

RE: Ordered My New Evoque. - The Valeter - 16-01-2013 12:36pm

Order has now gone locked with a provisionary build date of February the 6th.